Employees at Lansdowne Resort are carefully selected, not hired. Here, you will experience how to deliver quality hospitality and provide exceptional customer service that will meet and exceed all of the expectations of our loyal guests. Lansdowne Resort is the preeminent resort and golf club experience in Northern Virginia. A recipient of the AAA Four Diamond Award in every year of its existence, this Virginia resort combines world-class service, urban style, understated luxury and premium amenities. Located in the heart of DC Wine Country and just 30 minutes away from the Nation's Capital, Lansdowne is managed by Destination Hotels & Resorts, one of the premier hotel management companies in the country.
We value passionate people who love to be challenged and desire the freedom to contribute to the overall success of the organization, while accepting full responsibility and accountability. We strive to create a work place culture that values family, work life balance, and community. We help develop our associates and provide support for them to be professionally successful and to have future growth opportunities predicated on that success.
This is your invitation to join us and build a career. Our destination is where your journey begins.
Job OverviewThis position is r esponsible for planning and implementing strategic plans to achieve objectives assigned. Leading and managing all day-to-day activities related to the sales function with a focus on building long-term, value-based customer relationships that enable achievement of property sales objectives. Achieves personal booking goals and makes recommendations on booking goals of direct reports.Essential Functions
- Achieve and exceed budgeted room nights and revenue goals annually
- Leads and manages sales segments
- Takes direction and partners with Brand or assigned Marketing Strategist on hotel positioning
- Handles key Global accounts at the property level
- Analyze critical business/accounts and negotiate best situation for achieving optimum revenue for the hotel while ensuring excellent customer service
- Actively participate in sales presentations, property tours and client meetings
- Assist Director of Sales and Marketing with annual hotel strategy plan as well as property sales budget
- Assists in developing rates, group ceilings and deployment strategies through review of competitive data, demand analysis and mix management
- Participate as team player with other key hotel members
- Professionally represent the hotel in community and industry organizations and events
- Provide constructive feedback to all departments and to hotel sales and marketing leaders
- Must be self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision
- Must possess leadership skills
- Must possess computer skills, including but not limited to, Microsoft Word, Excel, and Delphi
- Knowledge of computer accounting programs, math skills as well as budgetary analysis capabilities required
- Extensive knowledge of revenue management
- Knowledge of hotel and competitive market