aloft Birmingham Soho Square, a leader in the hospitality industry, is currently seeking an experienced DIRECTOR OF ROOMS to help lead our team.
The Director of Rooms is responsible for Front Office and Housekeeping. The Director of Rooms is responsible to ensure Front Office and Housekeeping SOPs are in place and consistently followed.
To ensure quality guest service, the Director of Rooms is expected to:
- Ensure that sufficient staffing is present to meet daily business demands
- Maintain consistent and effective flow of communication between shifts among fellow managers and Service Professionals
- Actively participate in training and continuing education of all Rooms Division Service Professionals
- Responsible for actively recruiting and hiring for all Front office and Housekeeping positions
- Approach all encounters with guests, employees and members in a professional and personalized manner
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Island Hospitality Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the Hotel
- Must have a professional image and personality exuding confidence and leadership skills whilst encouraging safe and efficient hotel operations
- Coordinate E-Checkin, arrival, departure, and special needs of Hhonors guests
- Identify and solicit potential new Hhonors members
- Understand and communicate promotions and enhancements effectively with Service Professionals and guests
- Serve as general guest information source. Act as a salesperson for Island Hospitality
- Build rapport with Hhonors guests, distinguished visitors; escort guests to rooms as necessary, encourage feedback throughout their stay
- Offer to handle special arrangements during guest stay; coordinate future visits
- Maintain database of guest preferences, habits, special dates through OnQ System
- Assist with additional Front Desk tasks
- Oversee Housekeeping Supervisors to ensure room standards before turning room ready for guest usage
- Oversee inventory and ordering supplies and linens for both housekeeping and Front office
- Complete projects in a timely manner as required by the Hotel AGM and General Manager.
- Be able to participate proficiently in functions outside one's department when called upon.
About Island Hospitality
Island Hospitality is a well established National Hotel Management Company with a reputation for its expertise in managing upscale extended stay, select service and full service hotels across major brands such as Marriott, Hilton, Hyatt, Starwood, and IHG.
We are one of the largest independent, third-party hotel management companies serving the industry with over 160 hotels throughout the United States and over 20 years experience in the industry.
We are an entrepreneurial, performance-driven, goal oriented organization, where passionate, competent and focused individuals are given the tools, guidance and techniques to make a difference. Our corporate office is located in beautiful West Palm Beach, Florida, less than ½ mile from the beach.
Our company is nationally recognized for its ability to successfully improve a property's bottom line through P&L controls and standards. While paying attention to every line item thereby ensuring generous bottom line flows, we never lose sight of our guests and the need to maintain the highest standards of service, cleanliness and fresh ambience. The ownership perspective of maximizing top line revenue without sacrificing net operating income is deeply entrenched in our corporate culture. We aggressively pursue this goal.
Working for Island Hospitality
We pride ourselves on instilling an entrepreneurial spirit in all our team members. Our geographically dispersed portfolio of properties provides us with an outstanding network and knowledge of the talent pool in our market segments. We believe in empowering team members through ongoing training, motivation, and support. When you join our team, you become an integral part of a national hotel management company that is committed to diversity and excellence.
At Island Hospitality, we emphasize training and constantly strive to foster a learning environment that provides clear career paths for all team members regardless of entry level into the Island organization. We provide training programs to new team members and ensure that our current team member training is an on-going and continuous process.
Island Hospitality offers team members an industry competitive benefits package that helps to ensure that your career can grow with Island Hospitality. We know the hospitality business is about people - including you! Our benefits include the following:
401 (k) Plan
Career Path Planning
Medical Insurance Plans
Long Term Disability Insurance
Nationwide Hotel Benefits (Discounts and Freebies)
Paid Holidays & Vacation Days
Paid Sick Days
Short Term Disability
- Proficiency in English (verbal & written), multi lingual is a plus
- Must be flexible in terms of working hours and schedules
- Must be able to endure physically long periods of standing
- Must possess outstanding guest services skills, professional presentation and sophisticated communication skills
- Must posses leadership skills and be able to motivate Service Professionals through difficult points within the operation
- Must be able to handle a multitude of tasks in an intense, ever-changing environment
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying the concerns and issues raised by guests and members
Equal Opportunity Employer