For us, hotels aren't simply places to sleep, they're places where dreams are born.
We encourage our employees to make their mark while giving back to their communities and saving the environment.
Job OverviewThe Revenue Director will be responsible for implementing Hotel Revenue Management objectives, which encompass maximizing revenues and profit through rate and inventory management of all market segments at the hotel. The Director will take an active role in each Hotel’s pricing and distribution of inventory across various distribution channels, including electronic marketing, to maximize top line revenue. The position supports their hotel in meeting / exceeding budgeted Occupancy, ADR and Revenue goals. The position will analyze trends in group and transient segments to include occupancy, rates and strategic sales goals (including setting group ceilings and target rates in conjunction with the sales and catering team). The Director of Revenue Strategy will be responsible for managing and maintaining group and transient inventory controls including daily review/implementation of room and rate inventory controls across a defined portfolio of Hotels.Essential Functions
Essential Job Functions:
Secondary Job Functions:
- Directs Inventory Management team in loading and maintaining rates and inventory allotments in the IDS/GDS/CRO and property PMS in a timely manner to promote rate parity throughout all booking channels, and maximize Hotel revenue yield.
- Manages relationships with top IDS partners and CRO.
- Implements effective pricing strategies relative to stay and rate restrictions across managed portfolio.
- Quarterly updates of competitive hotel set information including room mix, amenities, public/event space, strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats.
- Monitors and reports on competitive hotel information through various reports like RateVIEW, Hotelligence and STR, as well monitoring of marketplace pricing on the Internet via hotel websites and the IDS.
- Monitors and reports on SEO and PPC performance, activity engages home office marketing and third party vendors to better optimize PPC performance.
- Monitor and analyze all STAR reports and identify performance challenges and opportunities for the Hotel. Monthly Executive Summary creation is required.
- Maintains contact with SF Chamber of Commerce, Convention and Visitors Bureau and local hotel associations to collect information/reports on large groups, area events and conventions that impact room night demand. Monthly updates to the Convention Calendar to reflect additions and cancellations.
- Prepares and maintains a current Rate Strategy Planning Calendar, by room type.
- Maintains weekly Pick-up reports for each Hotel in managed portfolio. Conducts weekly pickup meeting with Sales and/or Convention Service team.
- Create/maintain referral program to encourage competitive hotels to send their overflow.
- Monitors performance of all special rate offerings including promotional discounts, package plans, Joy of Life rewards, and any other property level special rates and/or discounts.
- Assist in development of special package rates appropriate to market demand.
- Assists in developing, implementing, monitoring, and controlling annual room revenue budget and marketing plans to assist in meeting/exceeding the overall hotel goals.
- Oversees the processes associated with demand, revenue, forecasting and opportunity analysis (to include seasonality, competitive positioning and displacement).
- Assists with projects and analysis that encourage the progression of the Corporate Revenue Management initiatives.
- Initiate / attend periodic Revenue Management Meeting with a report out and analysis on previous week / month’s statistics, along with a 90-day forecast review for hotel.
- Meet quarterly with other revenue team members to keep current on regional trends and perspectives in the industry and economic climate.
- Attend educational seminars to keep current on trends in Revenue Management.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and /or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee will possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently, with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Experience working in a sales / inventory / revenue management environment. Ability to effectively develop and deploy hotel inventory and yield management strategies in a multi-property environment that support individual Hotel revenue goals, as well as corporate revenue management initiatives.
- High comfort level working in hotel inventory management systems: IDS/GDS/CRS/PMS systems.
- Ability to communicate effectively across various management levels and with IDS/GDS/CRO partners and vendors. Strong written and verbal communications skills required.
- Strong knowledge and ability to use electronic media, marketing and distribution platforms to generate incremental revenue for managed asset(s).
- Knowledge of current San Francisco economic conditions pertaining to, and its impact on, the travel and lodging industry (cause and effect relationships), with particular expertise on the managed asset’s local marketplace.
- Ability to effectively relate and communicate with internal customers and outside vendors, collect information and successfully resolve conflicts.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills. Must have strong creative problem solving skills.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability and willingness to draw conclusions and take quick decisive action with regard to the analysis. Be able to present ideas/ large volumes of information in a clear/concise articulate manner. Ability to analyze and interpret basic financial/market data.
- Ability to facilitate weekly yield management meetings for multiple properties. Including establishing and prioritizing agenda items and collection of data to execute meeting effectively.
- Proven track record in achieving Rev-Par Index success will be a plus.
- Comfortable being an agent of positive Change Management.
- Confidence, ability to think clearly and perform well under pressure.
- Ability to negotiate and create win-win situation for customers, owners, and management teams.
- Strong organizational & time management skills.
- Ability and willingness to consistently take a ‘hands on’ approach in executing regular management responsibilities.
- Computer experience should include a strong working knowledge of various productivity software programs such as: Ideas RMS, Opera PMS, Synxis CRS, travelclick BI tools, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
1. Progressive experience in Revenue Management, Sales, Reservations or Guest Services.
2. Attended Revenue Management and/or industry focused seminars.
3. Professional experience in variable economic marketplace environments.
4. B.A., B.S. or post graduate degree in Management or Hospitality Management.