Director of Procure to Pay
The Director of Procure to Pay directs a staff of 30 team members and is responsible for execution of settlement processes, which include initiating purchase orders to vendors, matching vendor invoices to receiving documents, invoice imaging and processing, vendor data management, accounts payable, payment processing, and mailroom operations of the shared services facility supporting a major hotel company comprised of twenty five luxury hotels. This Director has process oversight and management responsibilities to ensure that processing is accurate and timely. This position is also responsible for identifying and implementing process improvement opportunities to gain efficiency and accuracy.
- Provide leadership, day to day management and administration of all components of procurement, payment/settlement processing to ensure completeness, accuracy and timeliness of payments to suppliers, regulatory agencies, lenders, and team members.
- Coordination of support required from third party service providers to include banks and technology partners.
- Technology platforms include Oracle, Concur, Adaco, Timberline, OneVolve, OCR and various banking platforms.
- Ensures compliance with internal finance policies and statutory regulations.
- Ensures proper internal controls are in place and maintained
- Identifies opportunities for process improvements and drive implementation in collaboration with the data mining and technology departments.
- Controls payroll and expenses of the P2P cost center. Review performance metrics against established targets.
- Coordinates due diligence activities for internal and external audits.
- Manages customer problem resolution and escalation with stakeholders, employees and vendors.
- Responds to customer feedback and team member survey results.
- Maintains strong customer relationships to ensure the immediate resolution of problems as well as being responsive to future needs
- Understanding of purchasing and settlement related regulations and GAAP.
- Understanding of best practices and metrics for Procurement, Travel and Entertainment and Accounts Payable services; ability to utilize metrics to identify improvement opportunities and ability to apply best practices to departmental operations
- Strong employee management skills; ability to plan, assign and direct work; ability to recruit, mentor and appraise employees
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent communication skills; ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization and with outside contacts
- Ability to contribute to governance forums as appropriate with internal and external stakeholders
- Comfortable with ambiguity; demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills
- Must be able to work in a time-critical environment; strong organizational and time management skills
Education: Bachelor’s degree with a major in Finance, Business or Accounting or equivalent experience.
- 10+ years’ experience in Procurement, Expense and Accounts Payable management
- Management experience in shared service operations
- Broad based experience financial systems
- Experience with finance operations in a shared service environment
- Experience in interfacing with business operational customers
- Project management experience preferred
- Experience in process improvement activities
- Significant experience in managing teams
- Experience in application systems implementation
Loews Hotels is a vibrant collection of one-of-a-kind hotels with distinct personalities. Each hotel and resort offers high-quality accommodations, impressive surroundings, personalized service, and thoughtful amenities for a luxurious guest experience. As a company we care about our guests, our community and our team members.
Headquartered in New York City, Loews Hotels manages properties in most major markets in the U.S. and Canada. Each property goes beyond Four Diamond standards to provide guests with a supremely comfortable, uniquely local travel experience at a great value. Loews Hotels boast prime locations in the cities of New York, Washington DC, Denver, Los Angeles, Nashville, Philadelphia, Annapolis, Montreal, and Quebec City, as well as world-renowned vacation destinations such as Miami's South Beach, Universal Orlando, New Orleans, Tucson, and California's Coronado Island. Loews has established some of the industry's most innovative and successful travel programs, including Loews Loves Kids for families and Loews Loves Pets for discerning animals on the road.
At Loews Hotels, our team members' commitment to our guests and dedication to our communities is cherished. We seek genuine individuals who are able to engage and delight our guests by providing Four Diamond AND MORE service. We invest in training and development opportunities for all team members, so they may grow and develop as individuals. We embrace diversity at our core and offer the opportunity for all team members to reach their potential as professionals. At Loews Hotels, we seek to create a dynamic culture that makes work interesting, challenging, fulfilling and fun.
As part of our commitment to our team members, Loews Hotels is proud to offer competitive compensation and benefit plans tailored to each marketplace. These include:
- Pay that meets or exceeds area standards
- Retirement (401-K) and incentive plans
- Medical and dental coverage
- Short and long-term disability
- Life insurance
- Holiday and vacation pay
- Team member assistance plans
- Career development programs
- Tuition reimbursement programs
Loews Hotels is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse work culture, M/F/D/V