Director of Housekeeping - The Palmer House Hotel
What will I be doing?
A Director of Housekeeping with Hilton Hotels and Resorts is responsible for overseeing and ensuring overall cleanliness of the hotel in accordance with the Department of Health, Hotel and Corporate standards. Ensures all safety procedures are followed. Follows all appropriate policies and procedures while constantly striving to improve all standards of operation. Ensures prompt and courteous service to guests to ensure that all guest experiences are exceptional in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
* Communicates effectively, both verbally and in writing, to provide clear direction to team members. Hires, trains, coaches and counsels Housekeeping team. Performs reviews of the Housekeeping Department management team. Manages and motivates management team in the administration of their duties.
* Plans, organizes and monitors staff activities to ensure compliance with quality standards set by hotel which requires continuous visual inspection of guest rooms and public space areas including food and beverage outlets, meeting rooms and offices.
* Manages finances of housekeeping operations including budget and inventory controls. Analyzes data and compiles reports on expenditures, wages, labor, supplies, etc., in relation to hotel financial forecasts and budget. Establishes and maintains systems and controls to provide adequate supplies for efficient operation of department.
* Evaluates condition of furniture, fixtures, décor, etc. Makes recommendations and assists in the coordination of rehab projects. Works with the general manager and director of property operations to administer the repair and maintenance program as it relates to public areas and guest rooms.
* Attends executive level meetings to obtain and disseminate pertinent information.
Hilton World Wide Inc. is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!