IN 2016, DESTINATION AND COMMUNE STARTED A NEW JOURNEY TOGETHER.
We set off to create the most extraordinary independent hospitality company in the world. By combining two brands that embody freedom and discovery, we have assembled an unrivaled collection of unique properties, passionate people, and remarkable experiences from across the globe. No other company can lead this journey and feed the endless curiosity of today's fiercely individual traveler. We are in the business of individuality. It's the hallmark of our entire portfolio, running through all of our collections and each one of our properties. It describes every guest, owner, and team member. And it's the centerline down the road we are on. We don't know where the next fork in the road will take us, but we do know we'll enjoy the journey. We welcome you to join us.
Job OverviewTwo Roads Hospitality has established Global Sales Offices (GSO) in New York, Chicago, Denver, Los Angeles, San Francisco and Washington, D.C. The purpose of these offices is to promote the Two Roads Hospitality brands of hotels and resorts consisting of Destination Hotels, Thompson Hotels, Joie de Vivre Hotels, ALila Hotels, and Tommie Hotels by generating highly qualified group business leads from strategic feeder markets and designated Global accounts. The offices serve as resources by providing strategic account mapping, market information and account team leadership to the properties. These offices are also considered an extension of the property sales offices and are used accordingly for client contact, support and revenue generation. Each office is staffed by a very experienced; self-motivated Global sales executive who works closely with property based sales and marketing teams.
This position will be based remotely on the East Coast.Essential FunctionsThe Director of Global Sales is responsible for generating corporate preferred, and consortia/travel management company business from national/global markets. To maximize revenue generation and market penetration from within the Travel Management Companies, Consortia Networks, Preferred Travel Partners and Global corporate accounts for Two Roads Hotels' portfolio of properties. The position will be responsible for optimizing market share from existing accounts and feeder markets, developing known high potential markets/accounts and the identification of emerging sources of business. Additionally, the position will lead the strategic development and deployment of the Two Roads Corporate Travel direct sales effort, provide guidance and establish/manage processes within the transient affinity team network, and RFP management at both property and brand levels. A thorough understanding of direct sales, account management, and the distribution channels related to consortia sales is required. The Director must be able to multi-task, problem solve, manage administrative expectations and be flexible and adaptable to differing situations.
- Represent the Two Roads Hospitality portfolio to the network of consortia agencies, travel management companies and Preferred Partners
- To manage, solicit and secure the highest revenue corporate transient, consortia, and travel management accounts for the company.
- Expand both Two Roads Hospitality and property level acceptance into preferred level status among qualified global corporate accounts.
- Grow and maintain long-term partnerships that yield increased transient market share and revenue as well as develop new channels of transient segment distribution.
- Serve as a brand champion by representing the portfolio at key industry trade shows and create direct sales opportunities for field sales travel industry managers through the facilitation of customer events and sales missions to strategic feeder markets/accounts.
- Provide transient sales support to the portfolio as needed; Travel Industry Affinity Team, new property transitions, segment strategy development, marketing, and total account management of designated travel management accounts.
- Assumes a leadership role in industry organizations to generate increased visibility for Two Roads Hospitality.
- Stay abreast of industry trends and make recommendations of changes which would affect operations.