Director of Finance
Great Wolf Lodge Southern California
Location: US - CA - Garden Grove
Job Summary: The Finance Director will be responsible driving performance management of the lodge and ensuring financial, operational and fraud controls are in place. The primary responsibilities of this position are outlined below.
- Drive a proactive weekly/monthly business performance management process within the lodge that optimizes growth, cash flow and guest satisfaction.
- Maintain strong Business Partnering relationships with lodge GM and department directors to identify opportunities to grow the lodge cash flow (increases revenues and decreased costs), to improve the guest experience, to define action plans and to hold business accountable for delivering commitments.
- Lead the Risk and Opportunity and reforecasting process to be forward and to optimize lodge performance.
- Lead the performance management process of diagnosing performance, analyzing trends and recommending action plans to optimize performance, test and learn opportunities to enhance revenue and decrease costs while also improving guest satisfaction scores.
- Lead, in partnership with GM and lodge leadership team, the annual and long term operating and capital investment plans.
- Drive Business Performance Management analytics to support budgeting, forecasting, and capital management.
- Lead, in partnership with GM, the regular cadence of performance management updates and discussions with Regional VPs and corporate finance.
Financial, Operational and Fraud Controls
- Ensure financial, operational and fraud controls framework is in place and that all affected pack members understand their role and accountability in driving control environment.
- Ensure the lodge has a regular cadence of compliance monitoring of internal controls that identifies gaps and puts in place remediations
- Hold every pack member accountable for performing their role in maintaining a control environment in line with the established control framework through ad-hoc and regular control testing.
- Oversee team members and ensure proper cash control for disbursing, collecting, analyzing, verifying, and reporting cash status, including implementation of technology solutions to improve cash control; manage credit, collections, and billing procedures; accomplish cash control objectives by assigning, scheduling, coaching, and counseling employees in all aspects of cash control.
TEAM MANAGEMENT AND LEADERSHIP
- Recruit and retain a talented team of professionals
- Ensure each team members knows their role in delivering day-to-day, weekly, monthly and annual performance goals
- Provide regular feedback to every team member that clearly and crisply highlights areas of strength and development
- Coach and develop team members to grow themselves and becomes bigger contributors to Great Wolf's success
Qualities of a successful candidate:
The successful candidate will embody personal attributes that will enable them to quickly add value to the Great Wolf organization, including:
Passion -- wants to make an impact and cares about the business and brand
Curiosity -- wants to understand how things work and how to make them better
Drive -- self-starter that is able to juggle multiple priorities across the business
Analytics -- bring an analytical perspective to solve business challenges
Judgement -- applies experience, facts, and intuition to assess situations and define solutions
Influence -- ability to relate to and influence across the organization
Attitude -- a can-do, roll up the sleeves approach, working in a fast-paced environment
Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting or related field preferred. Four to six years of experience with a major theme park or brand hotel in finance, performance management or operations management, or ten plus years of experience in a finance or accounting environment.
Strong finance, accounting and analytical background required.
Cash control and general control experience preferred.
Expertise in using Excel and ability to perform analytic modeling/analysis required; expertise in Coupa and Sun/Infor preferred but not required.