A career with Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group opens up a wealth of exciting opportunities for you, both now and for your future development. Our vision is to be widely recognised as the best luxury hotel group in the world. The Group is renowned for creating a culture that provides a motivating and rewarding environment in which to thrive.
- Sets the hotel's strategic business direction by balancing financial objectives, managing the sales segments and guiding the commercial strategies of the hotel
- Works with General Manager, Director of Marketing Communications and the Director of Revenue Management/Revenue Manager, to develop and implement the hotel's commercial (sales/selling) strategy to maximize hotel revenues, marketshare performance and profits.
- Responsible for maximizing revenue and profit associated primarily with rooms, but also function space or total hotel revenue as required. Position is accountable for all transient, group and catering segments strategies and deployment,pricing, channel distributuin and positioning.
- Identifies future opportunities and effectively communicates strategic to the sales and marketing colleagues.
- Oversees the Revenue and Reservations departments and all the processes associated with them, such as demand, revenue, forecasting, inventory management, channel management and proactive opportunity analysis.
- Oversees the Sales Departmentand Catering Department of the hotel and is responsible for the guidance and development of the entire team in each department.
- Must have a minimum of 10 years Revenue Management Leadership experience (Director Level); extensive knowledge of all Sales segments for each is a must requirement.
Skills & Knowledge:
- Strategic approach towards maximizing revenue through use of historical data and analysis of the marketplace and demand generators, either geographically or special event related
- Able to create objectives and make strategic decisions and recommendations based on facts, market trends and experience/knowledge
- Effectively develop, implement, monitor and control sales strategies and goals
- Strong business acument with ability to analyze financial statements, revenue reports, and market data
- Comprehension of all transient segments, their respective sales processes, market, demands, sales deployment, client development and goal setting process
- Comprehension of group sales processes and group sales demands.