At BENCHMARK, a global hospitality company the definition of success is as individual as each of the over 10,000 employees worldwide who compose our award-winning teams. Each person brings unique skills, talents, experience, history, and culture to our company. Together, they form an extraordinary mosaic that supports BENCHMARK's very entrepreneurial culture. Each team member's desire for accomplishment is supported by our determination and passion to build successful and rewarding futures.
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, TRAINING, & WORK EXPERIENCE
- Four years combined prior catering and supervisory experience preferred. Minimum of three years supervisory experience or comparable catering, hospitality or related experience
- College degree or equivalent experience/training.
- Ability to accomplish necessary tasks on a computer.
- Ability to effectively communicate in the English language.
- Responsible for the development of market segments and solicitation of new customer relationships while maintaining and enhancing existing relationships with corporate and social accounts. Consistently strives to maximize revenue and promote relationships through effective negotiation of services and control of expenses.
- Oversees the selection, training, and assessment activities of the Catering staff in the proper preparation and execution of contracts, orders, customer relations, menus, memos, charges, files, etc. Organizes and conducts staff meetings to coordinate successful functions.
- Develops business plans, budgets, revenue goals, forecasts for food and beverage items, menus, room rentals, and creates reports against same to monitor progress.
- Participates in meetings as appropriate, to ensure communication between departments while helping to ensure clients' needs are met.
- Meets with largest customers and ensure other customers are communicated with pertaining to the success of Catering events
- Conducts tours of the property for prospective clients, owners and new managers.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as requested.
- Attends menu, staff, and other Hotel meetings.