Let your career take off with Interstate Hotels & Resorts, the leading global hotel management company with over 430 hotels and 76,000 rooms located throughout the United States and around the world. Our rich history spanning 55 years of innovation, consistency and success is unmatched in the hospitality industry and promises a bright future for our hard-working associates building their careers with us.
The Lancaster County Convention Center and Lancaster Marriott at Penn Square offers the very latest in meeting, conference and event amenities, technology, and visitor experience. Providing more than 90,000 square feet of combined space for conventions, events, and trade shows, this $177-million integrated facility is ideal for groups ranging in size from five to 5,000 in a location that is convenient to northeast metropolitan cities - but not as demanding on your event budget. The complex anchors Lancaster's historic Penn Square, offering visitors an incomparable experience directly amidst the vibrant appeal of Downtown Lancaster, Pennsylvania.
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Direct and manage all activity related to the Banquet department, ensuring all service standards are followed.
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service.
- Ensure all functions maintain a first class and positive visual impact; including ambiance, décor and service delivery.
- Coach and train the Banquet leadership team in all aspects of the department.
- Follow the annual budget and administer it in a fiscally responsible manner.
- Ensure all financial reporting is maintained and accurate billing for each banquet meeting is recorded.
- Respond to guest concerns and react quickly and professionally.
- Assume responsibility for all banquet facilities, including cleanliness, repair and maintenance, reporting any deficiencies as required.
- Attend pre-conference meetings with clients to confirm all relevant details are communicated.
- Balance operational, administrative and associate needs.
- Conduct regularly scheduled departmental meetings.
- Follow all safety and sanitation policies when handling food and beverage.
- Banquet Management experience in a large hotel and/or convention center required.
- Previous experience managing a team required.
- Computer literate in Microsoft Window applications required.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities.
- Highly responsible & reliable.
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team.
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times.