The Miramonte Resort and Spa is a full-service Mediterranean-style 215 room resort situated on 11 acres of lush, flowering gardens in beautiful Indian Wells, California. Amenities include a full-service luxury spa and 18,000 square feet of meeting space, restaurant, bar, three pools and many other activities. At Miramonte Resort and Spa all our associates are STARS. Our culture provides an environment of service, teamwork, accountability, recognition and success. Our associates' contributions are recognized and rewarded, and our leadership team empowers our associates to take the lead on guest service. We hire friendly, service-oriented individuals who are committed to making Miramonte the premier destination in desert.
Job OverviewThe Leisure Sales Manager is responsible for successfully booking business within the assigned segments. S/he will establish and maintain excellent working relationships with current and prospective business. The position is responsible for defining and leading the strategic direction and tactical implementation of leisure room sales and leisure group sales. Primary market segments of focus include Consortia, Wholesale/FIT and various Discount channels to include online and travel agencies, private corporate sites, leisure groups, whole sale groups, social, ski and fraternal group markets, and other emerging online sales outlets. The ideal candidate would have advanced experience in Strategic Account Management methods, as well as, advanced business planning acumen and budget development.Essential Functions
- Outside Sales Calls and Presentations to the travel agency community in key target and feeder cities.
- Development of account relationships with industry programs to determine a path for inclusion and retention.
- Maintaining alliances and relationships with various partnerships.
- Position requires sales mission travel.
- Position requires attendance at the industry functions.
- Position requires close contact and collaboration with internal departments.
- Position requires participation in, and understanding of systems, marketing initiatives and tools.
- College graduate or equivalent industry experience.
- 5-7 years’ experience as a manager within the Sales & Marketing department, preferably a four-diamond resort.
- Knowledge of the travel trade industry essential.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to utilize them effectively in English with guests, peers and associates.
- Ability to work under stressful conditions and balance multiple commitments simultaneously.
- Strong customer service aptitude.
- Understanding of budgetary and fiscal responsibility within the sales and marketing departments.
- Familiarity with all operational areas of the resorts.