Director, Catering & Conference Services
Be Part of the Extraordinary with The Fairmont Dallas!
Fairmont is a place where the extraordinary happens every day! We offer exciting career opportunities, experiences and rewards for our employees around the world.
No two days at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts have ever been the same.
Fairmont is a leader in the global hospitality industry, with a distinctive collection and a worldwide reputation for excellence. Our diverse portfolio includes historic icons, elegant resorts and modern city center properties. From the beaches of Hawaii and Bermuda to the heart of New York City, all of our hotels offer a superior guest experience that is uniquely ''Fairmont".
Director, Catering & Conference Services
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, our engaging service and delicious cuisine make every special event a truly memorable affair, both within our distinctive surroundings and off-site. Your vision and leadership as Director, Catering & Events will ensure an engaged team, efficient operations – and offerings that exceed the expectations of every client.
Hotel Overview: The Fairmont Dallas, located in the Arts District of downtown Dallas, offers 545 elegant guestrooms and suites, with over 73,000 square feet of banqueting and meeting space. For over forty years, the Fairmont Dallas has been the setting for countless civic, social, cultural, convention and corporate events, but more importantly the setting for thousands of memories.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Dir., Sales & Marketing, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
* Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service
* Direct and manage all activity related to the Catering office, ensuring all service standards are followed
* Responsible for all catering, from booking to execution and conference services from the time a contract becomes definite to execution
* Prepare an annual budget for approval and administer that budget in a fiscally responsible manner
* Establish and maintain rapport with clients, prior to, during and post conference, exceeding their expectations and encouraging repeat business
* Conduct site inspections as required
* Develop annual business plans for the department in conjunction with the Director of Sales & Marketing
* Ensure that function bookings, group resumes and event contract are prepared and distributed accurately and efficiently
* Ensure meeting and function rooms are properly maintained at all times liaising with food and beverage outlets regarding reservations and flow of clients
* Work closely with the Director of Sales & Marketing to prepare monthly forecasts
* Balance operational, administrative and Colleague needs
* Follow departmental policies and procedures
* Follow all safety policies
* Other duties as assigned
* Previous leadership experience within a similar role required
* Computer literate in Microsoft Window applications and relevant computer applications required
* University/College degree in a related discipline required
* Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal required
* Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
* Highly responsible & reliable
* Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Visa Requirements: Must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
Success and celebration go hand-in-hand at Fairmont. Our employees take pride in being part of a company that rewards and recognizes their accomplishments, and they enjoy the opportunity to celebrate anniversary milestones, birthdays, hotel achievements and awards for outstanding service.
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, we know that delivering the best in hospitality and service to our guests begins with first providing our employees the best. We are proud to offer among the industry's most competitive compensation and benefit plans. In addition to competitive compensation and benefits, our colleagues can take advantage of exceptional programs and discounts.