Design Specialist, Focused Service Brands
What will I be doing?
The Design Specialist will provide professional interior design expertise to designated Brands, Franchisees and portfolios within the Focused Service Brand category of Hilton. Under the direction of Design Managers and the Director, the Design Specialist will review renovation interior design submittals digitally to ensure adherence with brand standards and guidelines relating to the design, brand, construction, accessibility and sustainability. This position will combine technical and project management skills in organization of design resources, and act as a liaison to outside vendors and consultants.
Other key priorities are listed below:
* Review interior design submittals for alignment with published Brand Standards, the Brand's desired aesthetic and to ensure Brand swim lanes are maintained
* Communicate with Franchisees, interior designers, consultants, and internal partners
* Assist in communication and follow-up with Brand Management teams to resolve issues and expedite approvals
* Preview digital and physical ID submittals for completeness and accuracy
* Track ID submittal progress through to approval
* Strong problem solving skills, including the ability to effectively address any issue in collaboration with others as appropriate
* Create and update various digital design standards; review forms and checklists for Focused Service properties
* Contribute to special in-house interior design projects as required
* Maintain a strong working knowledge of current Brand Standards and assist in the revision of Standards to continually refine and improve product
* Represent Architecture, Design and Construction interests in the development and maintenance of Brand and Aesthetic standards
* Work collaboratively with project managers, BPS and others to provide Franchises with clear design direction
* Maintain strong working relationships with a network of vendors and products
* Explore and research new opportunities for the Brand in order to remain relevant in the market and amongst its competitive set
* Attend trade shows and similar venues representing Hilton
* Maintain clear and accurate records and reporting
* Effective and diplomatic communication and negotiation skills, with the ability to clearly and concisely express ideas both verbally, in writing and digitally
Hilton World Wide Inc. is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
What are we looking for?
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- BA/BS Bachelor's Degree in Interior Design or Architecture
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience in Interior Design roles
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience in the Hospitality or Construction industry
- A minimum of two (2) years of supervisory experience
- High degree of proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel preferred
- Previous experience in hospitality design or renovation projects
- Experience with Adobe Suite (Acrobat Pro, Photoshop, BlueBeam (PDF Editor) Sketch-up
- Project Management experience advantageous
- General knowledge of accessibility, building codes, as it pertains to Hospitality Architecture and Design
- Registered Interior Designer
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!