Inspiring ways to “Bee the Difference” with every guest and employee interaction. We’ve created a place where YOU feel at home with an excellent working environment that encourages our “Bee the Difference” Culture. We provide benefits for Fulltime employees such as; Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short-term and Long-term disability and recently adding Critical Illness and Accidental Insurance.
Company 401 k and Employee Assistance Program is available to ALL employees including complimentary lunch, uniforms, and a continuous education opportunity with our Grove Graduate Program.
Our NEW destination. Yours to discover.
The Grove Resort & Spa, where we have perfected the art of meeting your high expectations.
POSITION START DATE: January 2017
BASIC FUNCTION: To balance and report daily income and revenue of the hotel and assist the Assistant Director of Finance in maintaining control over same.
QUALIFICATIONS:EDUCATION,KNOWLEDGE, TRAINING, & WORK EXPERIENCE
v Education: Associate’s degree or higher in Accounting or Business or any combination of education, training and experience equivalent to graduation from high school and advanced college coursework up to and including Associates/Bachelor’s degree.
v Experience: Min. 2 years prior accounting and computer experience. Prior hospitality/hotel experience preferred.
v Licenses or certificates: No special licenses required.
v Grooming: All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well groomed appearance (specific standards available).
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Ability to analyze financial/computer reports.
- Ability to listen effectively and to speak English clearly.
- Ability to access, read and accurately input information using a moderately complex computer system.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, customers, and patrons.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to follow written and or verbal instructions in English.
- Ability to input 40 WPM on a computer keyboard.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English in writing.
1. Review, input and analyze daily revenue reports produced by various hotel computer systems including property management system, point of sales systems, cash registers and other manual paper/electronic forms.
2. Balance daily income from revenues to payments. Verify and transmit credit card batches. Verify gift certificate processing. Research and rectify any discrepancies in payments from cash, credit card, check, gift certificates.
3. Organize and store all documents (paper and electronic) for easy record retention and retrieval.
4. Setup the daily revenue report by entering budget & forecast information monthly. Publish the revenue report daily for management review after verifying its’ accuracy.
5. Setup the daily labor report by entering budget & forecast information monthly. Enter daily time clock data and publish for review after verifying its’ accuracy.
6. Post tax exempt groups to daily revenue spreadsheet and reconcile tax receipts daily and research any discrepancies to prevent overage/shortage at end of the month.
7. Prepare daily in house promo/comp outlet checks report by posting A&G/A&P checks daily to track & discount to cost and publishing report after verifying. Adjust in house folio charges weekly and at month end.
8. Review all adjustments to revenue for proper backup documentation. Post to the adjustments spreadsheet and publish daily for management review after verifying its’ accuracy.
9. Research and provide documentation for any requests from management.
Deal with customer inquiries courteously, efficiently and promptly.
Perform all activities in a professional manner and in accordance with company policy.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the hotel.
1. Operate facsimile machine to send, receive, and log incoming transmissions.
2. Use the photocopier to make copies of items as required.
3. Initiate reports and retrieve printed forms from computer printer.
4. Assist with counting & recording monthly inventories. Enter count values & update pricing worksheets as needed.
5. Answer customer inquiry calls, research and resolve discrepancies concerning incorrect charges or respond to customer’s need for folio/charge backup.
Other duties as assigned by supervisor
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V