Inspiring ways to “Bee the Difference” with every guest and employee interaction. We’ve created a place where YOU feel at home with an excellent working environment that encourages our “Bee the Difference” Culture. We provide benefits for Fulltime employees such as; Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short-term and Long-term disability and recently adding Critical Illness and Accidental Insurance.
Company 401 k and Employee Assistance Program is available to ALL employees including complimentary lunch, uniforms, and a continuous education opportunity with our Grove Graduate Program.
Our NEW destination. Yours to discover.
The Grove Resort & Spa, where we have perfected the art of meeting your high expectations.
POSITION START DATE: February 2017
BASIC FUNCTION: Responsible for maintaining, setting up, food production and quality control of all meat, fish, fowl and other food items prepared.
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, TRAINING, & WORK EXPERIENCE
Education: Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from high school or any other combination of education, training or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities. High school diploma preferred. Culinary or Apprenticeship program preferred.
Experience: 1 year of cooking experience required. Broiler cooking preferred.
Licenses or certificates: Ability to obtain any government required license or certificate. Example: Washington Health Card Permit; Oregon Liquor Service Permit.
Grooming: All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance (specific standards available).
- Prepares daily requisitions for supplies and food items for production.
- Ensures that assigned work area has proper level of par stocks and supplies according to daily production sheets, daily menus and banquets. Prepares recipes according to required specifications.
- Reads and employs math skills to follow recipes.
- Prepares all food according to recipes, guidelines and standards set by the Executive Chef.
- Prepares all vegetables, pastas, meals and potatoes daily to ensure variety.
- Prepares all broiled food items according to standard broiling recipes and as specified on guest check, to ensure consistency of product; requires transportation of heavy food products.
- Visually inspects, selects and uses only food items of the highest standard in the preparation of all menu items.
- Ensures all food products being prepared and leaving kitchen are of highest possible quality and meet all standards and specifications set by management and the Executive Chef.
- Checks and controls the proper storage of product, checking on portion control, especially in specific cuts of meat, to maintain quality product.
- Keeps all refrigeration, equipment, and storage and working areas in clean, working condition in order to comply with health department regulations.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the hotel.
- Performs general cleaning tasks using standard hotel cleaning product as assigned to adhere to health standards.
- Helps maintain a clean and sanitary culinary environment ensuring compliance with all local provincial and federal health codes.
- Cleans refrigerators, freezers, stocks and rotates supplies daily.
- Performs other duties as requested, such as, moving supplies and equipment, cleaning up spills, etc., to ensure a safe working environment.
- Participates in attractive buffet display and constant replenishment of all food items.
- Assist in preparation / cooking in other stations as requested.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Good working knowledge of the fundamentals of broiler cooking.
- Good working knowledge of accepted standards of sanitation.
- Knowledge of operating all kitchen equipment, i.e., stoves, ovens, broilers, slicers, steamers, kettles, etc.
- Basic mathematical skills necessary to understand recipes, measurements, requisition amounts and portion sizes.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language in order to complete requisitions, read recipes and communicate with other employees.
- Sufficient manual dexterity of hand in order to use all kitchen equipment, i.e., knives, spoons, spatulas, tongs, slicers, etc.
- Ability to grasp, lift and/or carry, or otherwise, move or push goods on a hand cart/truck weighing a maximum of 200 lbs.
- Ability to perform duties in confined spaces.
- Ability to perform duties within extreme temperature ranges.
- Ability to strictly follow all sanitation, safety and cleaning schedules practicing clean-as-you-go techniques.