Hilton Garden Inn Nashville Airport
Platinum Hospitality Management
Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in the United States will not be considered.
PERFORMANCE WITH A CONSCIENCE
At Platinum Management Services, we continually strive to achieve superior guest relations, value a well-maintained, safe, and environmentally-conscious hotel surrounding, animated employees with passionate service ethics, leading technology, consistent capital reinvestment into our properties, conservative growth with major brand partners, and above all, strong moral principles in all of our professional exchanges.
We demonstrate our beliefs most meaningfully in the way we treat each other and by the example we set for one another. In all our interactions with our guests, customers, business associates and colleagues, we seek to deal with others as we would have them deal with us.
Times change, but our dedication to perfecting the travel experience never will.
Job Purpose: To produce all orders required by business volume and supervisor, as quickly and efficiently as possible, and to produce the highest quality product. Also, to produce all orders on an a la carte basis and to prep for buffets, banquets, salad bars and hors d' oeuvres.
- Open up each morning preparing and organizing the station and cooking all food necessary to start serving.
- Prepare all items for lunch; sauces, soups, buffet entrees, and switch over from breakfast to lunch at the assigned time.
- Rearrange the line and steam table to facilitate luncheon cooking and service.
- Prepare all orders as turned in by wait staff and ensures all orders cooked quickly and according to order; also ensures that food leaves the kitchen in peak condition.
- Learn menus, recipes, preparation, and presentation.
- Ensure that all food is stored in proper containers and at proper storage and holding temperatures.
- Cook only sufficient food in advance to cover expected business volume and to maintain quality.
- Prepare all food needed by other kitchen departments which is best prepared by this department.
- Prepare all food for next shift and for the following day as required and directed by Supervisor.
- Maintain the work area, including all counter tops, utensils, equipment, and refrigeration in a clean and sanitary condition in accordance with state, county, and company health regulations and work safety regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to "prep" food products, using standardized food preparation techniques.
- Skillfully use hand tools or machines needed for work. Measure, cut, or otherwise work on materials or objects with great precision.
- Use arithmetic or shop geometry to figure amounts of material needed, dimensions to be followed and cost of materials.
- Read recipes of items to be prepared.
HS Diploma or equivalent
Minimum 3 months cooking experience at a full service restaurant or hotel.