Cook (part time)
Best Western Oceanside Inn
Location: US - FL - Fort Lauderdale
Job Summary: This is a one person kitchen, located in a hotel at Fort Lauderdale Beach. Restaurant is open 7 days a week from noon till 10:00pm. Must be able to work weekend & holidays. Provides the highest level of food service possible in an efficient, courteous, personable, and professional manner to ensure a positive guest dining experience. Accurately, processes guest orders to ensure that all items are prepared properly and on a timely basis.
* Processes guests' orders and ensures all items are prepared properly and in a timely manner. Communicates with host/hostess, bus persons, and kitchen staff to ensure guest satisfaction with the food and service.
* maintains a cleaned and organized kitchen * washes dishes and all cooking equipment * preps for next day * assist with inventory * properly put away food delivery * Follows food safety and handling procedures and compliance regulations as outlined by hotel standards and Federal, State, and Local laws.
* Adheres to all hotel safety and security policies and procedures as outlined by hotel standards and Federal, State and Local laws.
* Maintains superior standards of quality, service, and cleanliness in the restaurant and service area. Consistently maintains a neat, organized and clean workspace and uniform.
* Demonstrates a commitment to provide the best possible experience for guests, ensuring superior personalized service.
* May serve as food runner / cashier.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* High school graduate or equivalent preferred.
* Must have current food handling licenses/permits and maintain such licenses/permits.
* Strong communication, organization, and problem-solving skills.
* Knowledge of principles, values and processes for providing superior guest service.
* Knowledge of basic math.
* Ability to operate cash register.
* Ability to project a professional, friendly and courteous image to guests.
* Ability to multi-task and be detailed oriented.
* Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
* Ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays.