Complex Staff Accountant
Gramercy Park Hotel & 11 Howard
Location: US - NY - New York
Aug 1, 2017
Gramercy Park Hotel
2 Lexington Avenue
New York, NY, US
New York, NY, US
Responsible for all Accounts Receivables activities but not limited to.
- Monitor payment requirements on groups or functions and process deposits.
- Complete collection calls on each appropriate outstanding accounts and maintain collection files on each outstanding issue.
- Review and approve the City Ledger transfers daily and communicate to supervisor any deviation from established Accounting policies and procedures.
- Handle customer inquiries in a professional and timely manner, provide customers with accurate invoices, statements, and schedules.
- Process returned checks and credit card chargebacks.
- Conduct monthly credit meetings and maintain minutes (including returned checks/chargeback logs, credit trace reports, write-off, bad debt allowances, etc.)
- Partner with the Sales and Events Team by establishing customer credit, including but no limited to application processing, reference checks, credit limitation, direct billing list, and deposit requirements.
- Maintain an efficient collection process to include organized filing and tracing system, issuing letter, monitoring returned checks and charge backs, performing collection calls and preparing bad debt write-offs.
- Update daily revenue complimentary sales reports both for internal distribution.
- Monitor guest ledger, advance deposit ledger and any other related ledgers to ensure proper internal control.
- Reconcile invoices against ledgers or schedules to ensure accuracy of invoicing.
- Assist in the monthly close process by posting journal entries that are related to daily/monthly responsibilities.
- Ensure overall guest satisfaction by attentive listening and then immediately resolving guest issues.
- Perform other Accounting tasks as directed by Assistant DOF and DOF.
3-5 years Hotel Accounting experience preferred.
Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in the United States will not be considered.
Health, Dental, Vision