Embassy Suites Anaheim
Location: US - CA - Garden Grove
The Chief Engineer is responsible for maintaining the overall operation of the maintenance department and the appearance and working order of the hotel. The engineer must be able to work independently, as well as, with others. Responsibilities may include: maintaining the exterior of the building, parking lot, and common areas, maintaining all equipment in guest rooms, conducting monthly safety inspections and training the staff on safety and emergency procedures, and working with vendors. The Chief Engineer must be willing to respond to emergencies, even if after hours, and work with corporate maintenance on special remodeling projects or capital expenditure needs. This position requires overall engineering knowledge and trouble shooting ability with skills in painting, HVAC, carpentry, equipment, and tool usage. Minimum 5 years experience as a Chief Engineer.
- Develop, implement and direct all Emergency Programs; ensure all equipment is maintained, conduct inspections and drills, ensure compliance with all codes and regulations, train all employees and maintain accurate records to ensure a safe environment which protects the asset, guests and employees.
- Develop, implement and manage energy conservation programs for the property to minimize expenses.
- Coordinate renovation bidding, define the cost and scope of the project and oversee the general contractor and subcontractors to ensure quality work is performed for minimal cost.
- Develop, recommend, implement and manage the department's budget, capital expenditure plan, forecasts and objectives consistent with maintaining a first class property and management's expectations.
- Develop, implement and manage a preventative maintenance program and negotiate maintenance contracts for the hotel, the grounds and all of the equipment in compliance with corporate/franchise standards and local, state and national codes and regulations to ensure the safety, convenience and satisfaction of all guests, managers and employees to protect the asset and maintain the property in first class condition.
- Supervise the Human Resources in the division to attract, retain and motivate the staff; hire, train, develop, empower, coach and counsel, conduct performance and salary reviews, resolve problems, provide open communication vehicles, discipline and terminate, as appropriate.
- Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned. Participate in task forces and committees as requested.