Catering Sales Manager
Jupiter Beach Resort
Location: US - FL - Jupiter
Sep 15, 2017
Human Resources Manager
Jupiter, FL, US 33477
Jupiter, FL, US 33477
The Catering Sales Manager creates group and banquet revenue for the Hotel by soliciting and securing business. This position will also service weddings and social events assigned to the Manager.
- Manager will be selling by phone, email, scheduled appointment sites and walk-ins focusing on the catering market focusing primarily on social, weddings and associations.
- Manager will prepare contracts and banquet event orders.
- BEO’s must be detailed and contain all information needed to execute a successful event.
- Manager will need to communicate all details by Resumes to related departments.
- Manager will execute events and work closely with Executive Chef, Banquet Manager and Reservations to coordinate details of events to ensure smooth delivery of all services.
- Manager will attend Banquet Event Order and Sales meetings as scheduled.
- Monitor and follow all contractual agreements pertaining to function space, food and beverage minimums and special concessions.
- Manager will possess knowledge of property policies and current pricing. Manager will meet the competitive set and have knowledge of competition.
- Provide total guest satisfaction for all functions by ensuring a consistent product to standards, while maximizing profitability and protecting the integrity of the guest experience.
- Continue to consult with clients and manage tastings to determine and finalize requirements for events.
- Manager will function as the liaison prior to group arrival and introduce to Banquet Manager for on-site care and set-up and manage event to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Maintain proper documentation of events, changes and special requests.
- Manager will actively resolve any unexpected problems; monitor activities to ensure that hotel operations conform to the expectations of the group delivering highest levels of service.
- Manager will be accurate and maintain record of events, including financial details, including deposits and closing accounts.
- Other duties as assigned by Director of Events.
- Knowledge of Delphi preferred
- Previous Sales, Catering or Conference Services experience requested.
- A competitive drive and strong determination of selling and soliciting.
- Previous wedding sales or conference services requested.
- Poised presentation skills for site visits.
- Excellent Time management skills
- Must have a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends, and holidays
- Schedule will consist mostly of Tuesday- Saturday, 9AM-6PM
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with strong organization and attention to detail.
- A strong understanding of strategic selling and soliciting.
Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in the United States will not be considered.
Medical, Dental, Life Ins., 401(k)