Business Intelligence Developer
What will I be doing?
The Business Intelligence (BI) Developer will work with the Architecture and Development teams to develop reports and dashboards to verify and validate technical solutions. In this role the team member will facilitate the development of BI artifacts by verifying and proto-typing against the Data as a Service.
Other key priorities are listed below:
* Acquire and utilize business knowledge by taking advantage of available resources (internet, books, periodicals, classes, workshops, conferences, etc.) to develop and foster business expertise solutions
* Utilize industry accepted principles, methodologies, tools, and best practices throughout the application lifecycle management
* Create dashboards, BI development and implementation utilizing UX best practices in order to validate the usability of Data As Service provided by the IT team
* Excellent writing, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
* High level of accuracy in work product and attention to detail
* Prototype BI dashboards and verify completeness of Data APIs and data models
* Be the liaison with BI Developers from the various business teams to facilitate requirements for data model definition and changes
* Work with IT Architecture, Development and Quality Assurance teams to build internal EIM-IT dashboards to track ELT processes
* Provide innovation in the BI development space and provide a pattern for business teams to consume and build BI artifacts using enterprise guiding principles
Hilton World Wide Inc. is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
What are we looking for?
To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- BA/BS Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
- A minimum of five (5) years of professional experience
- MicroStrategy and Tableau development experience
- Understanding about Data API and transport models, such as JSON
- Ability and willingness to adopt additional BI tools with focus on building development patterns and analysis
- Sound understanding of BI best practices and methodologies, relational structures, dimensional data modeling, data warehouse and reporting techniques
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- MA/MS Master's Degree
- A minimum of seven (7) years of professional experience
- Understanding of using Tableau and MicroStrategy with REST API services
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!