bosk Restaurant Server
Shangri-La hotel, Toronto
Location: CA - ON - Toronto
With creativity, personal commitment and an emotional sense of true hospitality, make the most positive impact on guest experiences in the Restaurant through consistent application of Shangri-La’s core practices in all F&B outlets; maximizing Colleague, Guest and Owner satisfaction.
- With high integrity, ensure that guests experience the highest quality 5 diamond/5 star culinary standards.
- Interact with colleagues as internal customers, strategic partners in delivering Shangri-La hospitality from caring people according to brand service deliverables.
- Demonstrate creativity, personal commitment to service excellence and an emotional sense of gracious hospitality.
- As a true service Ambassador, meet service expectations proactively, promptly, professionally, with genuine care to attention, detail and efficiency.
- Actively demonstrate teamwork, safe work practices, open communication, accuracy in transactions, respect, sincerity, helpfulness, courtesy and humility.
- Ensure compliance to all hotel policies, standards and core practices.
- As part of the Food & Beverage team, ensures quality service to guests with emphasis on cleanliness, efficiency, accuracy, professionalism and courtesy at all times.
- Remove soiled dishes, linen, silverware and restore/replenish settings.
- Maintain positive internal and external relationships, familiarity with local venues, attractions, restaurants, events, and Shangri-La hospitality standards.
- Monitor and ensure smooth operations of appointed section, check for quality and cleanliness to designated F&B standards for all items.
- Participate on opening/closings, setups and breakdowns and ensure overall room ambiance, cleanliness, appropriate setting and presentation.
- Apply the necessary precautions with regards to food safety and hygiene standards.
- Undertake other ad hoc related responsibilities, as required.
The following is considered mandatory for this position:
- Functional knowledge – Passion for food and strives to exceed expectations for service excellence with demonstrated understanding of international fine dining, wine, beverage and service standards commensurate of the leading hotels in the world.
- Customer Service Excellence – Exceptional service style, genuinely warm presence, friendly, sincere nature, drive for service excellence, internally proud, outwardly gracious and humble.
- Internal Service – appreciation that ‘internal customers’ (i.e. Cooks) are considered strategic partners.
- Communication – Excellent communication and social skills, 100% fluency in English with impeccable standards of hygiene and grooming.
- Safety Focus – Demonstrates safe work practices and looks for ways to minimize workplace injuries
- Decision making- Able to prioritize, making prompt and reasonable decisions.
- Problem solving –Adept at juggling multiple needs, calmly, respectfully, creatively and successfully resolve problems, as required.
- Emotional maturity – Interacts with others in a respectful manner, with demonstrated qualities of sincerity, helpfulness, courtesy and humility.
- Ethical and professional conduct – Fulfills responsibilities with highest integrity.
- Technology proficiency– Operates and maintains all departmental equipment, fully competent with POS.
Shangri-La hotel, Toronto is compliant with its obligations under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and will provide reasonable accommodation in the application and interview process for this position upon request.
- Previous fine dining or luxury level service knowledge and training.
- Minimum 2 year previous work experience in a similar capacity.
- Flexibility in schedule required (available to work early mornings, nights, weekends, and/or holidays).
- Current Smart Serve certification.
- Must be in possession of valid Canadian work permit to be eligible to be considered.