A tradition of hospitality
In Louisiana, we use the term, "lagniappe" when talking about anything that involves "a little something extra"... "above and beyond"... "exceeding expectations". Isn't that what hospitality's all about? Delivering more than you promise to satisfy your guests? We think it is, and we believe it's also the fundamental principle upon which strong business relationships are forged.
Dimension has earned a reputation of success by sticking with a few, basic business philosophies:
- Be affiliated with great brands!
- Recruit and retain great people!
- Continuously improve!
It's not complicated. Call it "the basics". But, we've built a winning tradition by:
- Selecting winning development sites and capitalizing on well-timed acquisition opportunities.
- Working with a winning combination of industry-leading lenders, architects, contractors, and vendor-partners.
- Maintaining a geographically diversified portfolio of superior hotel product concepts in markets with upside growth potential.
Job Purpose: To sell products provided in the Bistro area as well as provide food and beverage items in the Coffee shop. Provide high quality guest service and demonstrates outstanding interpersonal relations.
- Informs customers about the available food and beverage items available in the Bistro and provides customers with information about the hotel.
- Prepares specialty coffee drinks in accordance with established recipes. Operates Coffee shop equipment according to proper procedures.
- Maintains a neat and clean environment in the Bistro. Cleans equipment, displays, floors, etc. as per SOP for daily cleaning program.
- Straightens/refreshes/restocks merchandise and food displays to maintain a "fresh" look in the Bistro.
- Close and open Bistro on time with proper setup for the day and proper closing procedure for the evening.
- Completes all sales through the Micros system, processes transactions in accordance with established accounting procedures ensuring proper cash handling, and is responsible for a cash drawer.
- Assists with managing inventory by monitoring stocks and working with management to place orders.
- Accounts for all cash and secures money drops in accordance with hotel and company policies.
- Knows and complies with all company policies and procedures pertaining to this position and its duties.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagrammatic form. Deal with problems involving several variables. Ability to balance cash drawer and exercise math and basic accounting skills.
- Read and understand instructions, safety rules, etc. Write reports with proper format, punctuation, spelling, and grammar, using all parts of speech. Speak with poise, voice control, and confidence, using correct English and well-modulated voice.
- Transcribing, entering, or posting data; talking with and/or signaling people to convey or exchange information, including giving assignments and or directions to helpers or assistants.
High school diploma or equivalent education required
Retail and/or customer service experience preferred. Café or barista experience preferred 3-6 months related experience and/or training.