We believe that the only way for a "little" company to out perform the giant hotel chains is to empower hotel teams to run their hotels in a way that makes sense. Our hotel teams have the freedom to work outside the box and create their own success.
At The Dow Hotel Company, we look for creative, high energy individuals with an entrepreneurial spirit and extraordinary drive to excellence. Our track record of promoting from within is truly remarkable; we believe hard work and success should be rewarded.
Responsible for ensuring that the guest is welcomed and that his/her luggage and other immediate needs are cared for. Direct responsibility for carrying the guest's luggage to and from the assigned room, and for ensuring that the guest is property settled in a room, according to standards. Parking cars for guests as required.
Entry-level position. Prior guest services experience preferred.
- Minimum lifting 75 lbs.
- Ability to verbally communicate effectively with guests and co-workers.
- Pushing, pulling, bending, stooping, upward reaching
- Prolonged periods of standing and/or walking
- Exposure to extreme temperatures
- Must possess a valid California Driver's License (clean record) and DMV printout
- Must provide employer with a copy of DMV printout every six months
- Assist guest with luggage/baggage.
- Answer bell stand phone within required time frame.
- Deliver guest valet laundry, as well as other items required by the guest.
- Complete all required checklists per shift (e.g., daily checklist, valet list, check out log, etc.).
- Ensure timely delivery/retrieval of all luggage, packages, etc. either checked or left at bell stand.
* Park guest cars at guests requests in assigned area..
- Supply directions and information regarding:
- unit property, staff and services, including hours of operations
- the immediate and metro area
- guest room location, views, amenities, feature, type, etc.
- Arrange and store luggage carts safely. Extreme care and proper loading habits for protection of guest property should be taken when carts are in use.
- Maintain post by hotel bell stand/valet stand when not assisting a guest. In the absence of a door attendant, perform duties of that position as well, including monitoring the main entrance.
- Ensure cleanliness and neatness of work area using free time for cleaning.
- Each associate is expected to carry out, within their capabilities, all reasonable requests by management.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to race, sex, religion, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.