JHM Hotels, Inc. Job Opportunities and Hotel Careers
JHM Hotels, Inc. is a national multi-brand hotel company that has developed, acquired, owned, and operated hotels throughout the United States for more than 36 years. These years of growth have earned the company rich and varied experience in every facet of modern hotel development and management.
JHM Hotels has 40 properties with over 6,520 rooms and 1,500 associates with a concentration in key U.S. destinations such as Orlando, Atlanta, Miami, Charleston, SC and soon Washington, DC, along with a five-star luxury hotel in Surat, India. Operating under top performing franchise flags such as Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, and Starwood, JHM is committed to being a premier lodging company. The company's mission statement shares this commitment with guests, associates and ownership.
The JHM "family" has grown by inviting highly qualified, performance-oriented professionals to join their team and continue to add chapters to the JHM Hotels success story. JHM continues to add to its portfolio through a well balanced and long term growth plan. New associates who are excited about developing a career with a dynamic, values-driven company and ready to be challenged are great candidates for becoming a part of this well-established, yet growing company.
JHM Hotels is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in the E-Verify program.
Candidates are offered an opportunity to explore a work environment where their hard work, dedication, integrity and commitment are the keys to their personal and professional growth. With a long standing history of promotion from within and a low turnover rate, which is significantly below the industry standards, the limits of a hospitality career with JHM are unending.
You will find JHM Hotels driven to be "a premier lodging company", never satisfied with the status quo and always searching for a better way to exceed associate, guest and owner expectations.
The purpose of the Bell Attendant/Driver is to serve guests in a professional, gracious manner and to perform all duties associated with bell staff to include loading, unloading and transportation of guest luggage, escorting guests to and from guest rooms, promoting hotel facilities and demonstrating guest room accommodations, providing information to guests, operating hotel vehicles, and more. Transport guests in a prompt, friendly and courteous manner using safe driving practices.
Essential Job Functions
• Warmly welcome guests, creating a positive first impression of hotel.
• Promote hotel facilities and provide accurate information on hotel facilities, local attractions/ events, transportation arrangement and directions around the community.
• Maintain effective communication amongst the Bell Staff and with all hotel departments. Stay aware of issues relating to Bell Staff and general hotel operations. Attend meetings as scheduled. Be responsive to instructions and suggestions and work to resolve problems. Adhere to arrangements made and instructions relating to special guest needs, large group arrivals, VIP and special
requests, special transportation needs, etc.
• Load and unload guest luggage and other belongings from a variety of vehicles, escort guests to and from guest rooms, transport luggage/belongings to and from guest rooms, bell closet and other hotel areas, navigate bell carts carefully through public areas, in and out of elevators and in corridors, demonstrate features of guest room and promote hotel facilities, deliver guest faxes, amenities, etc.
• Complete baggage claim tickets, read and match luggage tags to tickets, detach and give to guest their portion of claim ticket.
• Organize and store luggage in designated area.
• Transport guests to and from designated and approved locations using official hotel vehicles (cars or vans). Operate hotel vehicles in a safe manner and in accordance with established laws. Perform assigned duties associated with guest transportation (ex. maintain logs, show videos, etc.). Read, track and comply with guest transportation schedules established on a daily basis.
• Properly maintain and clean hotel vehicles.
• Must be able to drive a manual and automatic transmission vehicle
• Ensure the timely delivery of guest luggage, packages, gifts, messages, facsimiles, newspapers, etc.
• Follow security procedures on the handling of guest room keys and the protection of guest-related information.
• Listen to and promptly act to correct guest problems and complaints.
• Clean and organize hotel front entrance, bell stand area and bell closet including daily light cleaning.
• Comprehend and abide by all traffic regulations while transporting customers to and from the airport terminal or other designated site.
• Remain calm and alert especially during emergencies or heavy hotel activity and handle complications from driving in the local community.
• Listen, understand and respond immediately to customer and associate inquiries and requests for assistance. Greet customers with a friendly and sincere welcome.
• Lift luggage, packages and boxes from cars, buses, vans and carts, placing items on the ground, onto baggage carts, conveyors or other vehicles.
• Clearly communicate the features and services of the hotel facilities.
• Maintain an alert and attentive demeanor.
• Maintain cleanliness of the hotel vehicles by cleaning and washing it when appropriate.
• Take vehicles for periodic servicing and fueling as required.
• Assist Bell Captain when necessary.
• Pick up and deliver laundry to certain and specific designated locations as determined by immediate supervisor.
• Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing English sufficient to ascertain and document appropriate pick up and drop off points, etc.
• Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger.
• Ability to read English language to ascertain information from luggage tags, claim checks and to identify specific airline/customer pickup and drop off points and street signs.
• Complete a pre-driving checklist for vehicles on a daily basis insuring that the following are in proper working order: lights, brakes and electric doors on vans and trucks, oil and tire pressure, transmission fluid, radiator fluid and gas at proper levels.
High school diploma or general education degree or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
Certificates & Licenses
Valid State Driver’s License (anyone driving a Company vehicle or required to drive as a part of their job); Others required by Brand Standard and/or State Law.
JHM Hotels is an equal opportunity and e-verify employer. All applicants are subject to background and substance abuse screening prior to any offer of employment.