Four Points by Sheraton Newark
Location: US - DE - Newark
REPORTS TO: Food & Beverage Manager
Purpose for the Position: To mix, pour and serve both alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages as required by the outlet of banquet event order in a manner that ensures guest satisfaction and limits legal liability.
- Provides professional and courteous service at all times.
- Writes or memorizes orders.
- Ensures all bars are set-up and stocked in advance of all events with ordered bar service.
- To inventory all beverage products, mixers, etc., prior to and after each event for cost reconciliation purposes.
- To secure all alcohol and service equipment at the close of each function.
- To responsibly serve alcoholic, and non-alcoholic beverages to event guests ensuring that intoxication levels are kept to within legal limits.
- To work with the Banquet /Outlet Manager to limit expenses by serving all products within the recipes and guidelines established to ensure that required cost to sales ratios is realized.
- To work with security to ensure that intoxicated persons are refused additional beverage service from other bars in service throughout the building.
- Attends department meetings.
- Completes projects as determined by the Food and Beverage and or Banquet Manager.
To do this kind of work, you must be able to:
- Use arithmetic to total costs and make change.
- Converse with different people to provide information and deliver service.
- Stand and/or walk for long periods of time.
- Move hands and fingers easily and quickly to handle dishes, money and merchandise.
- Lift and carry heavy objects like heavy trays.
- Be available on nights, weekends and holidays.
Physical Demands: Lifting 20 lbs. maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 10 lbs. Requires walking or standing to a significant degree, reaching, handling, feeling, talking, hearing, seeing.
Environmental Conditions: Inside: Protection from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature changes. A job is considered "inside" if the worker spends approximately 75% or more of the time inside.
Math Skills: Requires mathematical development sufficient to be able to: add, subtract, multiply, and divide all units of measure.
Language Skills: Must have developed language skills to the point to be able to: Read instructions, rules, write sentences, and speak clearly.
Relationships to Data, People and Things:
Data: Computing: Performing arithmetic operations and reporting on and/or carrying out a prescribed action in relation to them.
People: Serving: Attending to the needs, requests or the expressed or implicit wishes of people. Immediate response is involved.
Things: Manipulating: Using body members, tools or special devices to work, move, guide or place objects or materials. Involves some latitude for judgment with regard to precision attained and selection appropriate tool, object, or material, although this is readily manifest.
Specific Vocational Preparation: Specific vocational training includes an occupationally significant combination of: vocational education, apprentice training, in-plant training, on-the-job training, or essential experience in less responsible jobs which lead to the higher job or serving in other jobs. TIPS as mandated. Over 30 days up to and including 3 months.