Be Part of the Extraordinary with The Fairmont Dallas!
Fairmont is a place where the extraordinary happens every day! We offer exciting career opportunities, experiences and rewards for our employees around the world.
No two days at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts have ever been the same.
Fairmont is a leader in the global hospitality industry, with a distinctive collection and a worldwide reputation for excellence. Our diverse portfolio includes historic icons, elegant resorts and modern city center properties. From the beaches of Hawaii and Bermuda to the heart of New York City, all of our hotels offer a superior guest experience that is uniquely ''Fairmont".
Wash and sanitize pots, pans and other Kitchen utensils/equipment according to Hotel specifications and standards. Clean and maintain equipment in Dishwashing/ Pot washing/Kitchen/ Cafeteria/ Compactor/ Storage areas. Set up wares for Banquet functions, retrieve and wash soiled wares, transport supplies and food to Banquet service areas and assist the Kitchen with plating up of Banquet meals. Complete other special cleaning projects as assigned and following Hotel specifications and standards.
Hotel Overview: The Fairmont Dallas, located in the Arts District of downtown Dallas, offers 545 elegant guestrooms and suites, with over 73,000 square feet of banqueting and meeting space. For over forty years, the Fairmont Dallas has been the setting for countless civic, social, cultural, convention and corporate events, but more importantly the setting for thousands of memories.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Executive Steward, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
* Consistently offers professional, engaging and friendly service
* Perform duties with attention to detail, speed, accuracy and follow-through
prioritize , organize and follow up
* Follow directions thoroughly
* Understand guest’s service needs
* Work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team.
* Adapt to meet priority changes of work flow or requirements.
* Operate designated machinery.
* Maintain confidentiality of guest information and pertinent hotel data
* Previous experience as hotel/restaurant dishwasher or in janitorial/cleaning position.
* Familiarity with proper sanitation regulations
* Provide fast and courteous service to Banquet Deparment
* Assist Banquet functions by setting up equipment and wares needs
* Ensure food is delivered in a timely manner
* Knowledge of proper chemical handling
* Fluency in a second language, preferably Spanish
* Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
* Highly responsible & reliable
* Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
* Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
* Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
* Constant standing and walking throughout shift
* Frequent lifting and carrying up to 40 lbs
* Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling
* Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
Visa Requirements: Must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
Success and celebration go hand-in-hand at Fairmont. Our employees take pride in being part of a company that rewards and recognizes their accomplishments, and they enjoy the opportunity to celebrate anniversary milestones, birthdays, hotel achievements and awards for outstanding service.
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, we know that delivering the best in hospitality and service to our guests begins with first providing our employees the best. We are proud to offer among the industry's most competitive compensation and benefit plans. In addition to competitive compensation and benefits, our colleagues can take advantage of exceptional programs and discounts.