Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in the United States will not be considered.
Banquet Services, Waitress/Waiter
Motif SeattleMotif Seattle is located in the heart of downtown, surrounded by the finest restaurants, shopping, entertainment venues, museums and attractions. You just can't get any closer to the high-energy vibe of Seattle. Managed by Two Roads Hospitality, we promise to deliver a distinctly different, yet genuinely Seattle hotel experience, highlighted by vibrant service and inviting spaces that are individually crafted. Our staff is engaged and here to serve our Guests. The hotel's restaurant, Frolik Kitchen + Cocktails, has become a "local favorite". Located on the fifth floor of the hotel, Frolik boasts the city's largest outdoor deck, with games such as shuffleboard and Ping Pong. It is a truly stylish and energetic experience to socialize and enjoy delicious, fresh and local cuisine, and vibrantly crafted drinks. Working in the hottest downtown Seattle hotel is the right choice for you! We are a vibrant team that values work life balance, acts with the highest ethical standards and develops lasting relationships. We foster an environment of service and respect where everyone's ideas and points of view are welcomed.
Job OverviewWith genuine care and consideration of our guests’ expectations, you will be responsible for setting up assigned tables for our banquet functions. You will warmly and enthusiastically serve our guests ensuring they have everything they desire including but not limited to; alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages and food orders to guest tables.Essential Functions
- Enjoy taking pride in your organization skills and efficient work ethic while completing pre function side work as designated by the Banquet Captain and/or Banquet Managers
- Efficiently and properly perform all service standards to exceed guest and co-associate expectations
- Be attentive and proactive as you attend to all needs of the guests during functions and function related duties
- Educate yourself and be familiar with and adhere to all liquor liability laws
- Be attentive and follow all details as described on Banquet Event Orders (BEO’s)
- Express your eye for detail while setting tables to specifications, carry trays, and have excellent customer service experience.
- Experience. Two years’ previous experience providing customer service preferably in a similar setting with a working knowledge of Food and beverage service. Must meet the legal age requirement to serve alcohol.
- Flexible. Must be able to work varied shifts, including Weekday Evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Friendly. Must be able to deliver a fun and friendly environment during each guest exchange
- Energetic. Must be able to work within an empowered and fast paced environment that services the bar and servers within the restaurant
- Knowledge. County Specific Food Handlers Certification, State specific alcohol certification and/or TIPs certification required
A qualified applicant is a “people person” who is flexible with their schedule, loves to serve others, and knows how to multi-task while ensuring accuracy.