The Loews Don CeSar Hotel is seeking an on call Banquet Server to join our team. Built in 1928 to resemble a Mediterranean-style castle, and known as Florida's "Pink Palace", the Loews Don CeSar has been revitalized and refreshed within ensuring a future as rich and storied as its history. Sugar-sand beaches, Spa Oceana, poolside and beach activities, Camp CeSar for kids and Four Diamond dining await visitors who return season after season. The Best Has Gotten Even Better!
The Loews Don CeSar Hotel features 277 accommodations including 36 suites and 2 penthouses. These light , airy rooms decorated with colors inspired by the beach that surrounds them, have remote control flat screen HD color TV's, ironing boards and irons, hair dryers, wireless internet access, Keurig coffee makers and mini bars.
Loews Don CeSar Hotel features meeting rooms that are grand while modern, offering beautiful but practical spaces for you to convene. Combine this with our superior service and spectacular views from every meeting room and you are sure to find a formula to success. For more information about the Loews Don CeSar Hotel, please visit our website at www.Loewshotels.com.
The Banquet Server will work closely with all hotel departments, but particularly with the Banquet Department to ensure we provide a diligent yet charismatic first impression as we greet and serve all guests to ensure a quality dining experience.
More specifically, responsibilities include:
- Review appropriate Event Order to become familiar with menu and service order and procedures prior to start of function
- Completes required set up/preparation of function room /service area prior to scheduled activity
- Inspects all equipment prior to, during and at the end of each function.
- Reports any deviations from standards to Captain/Supervisor
- Inventories materials and supplies at beginning of shift, obtains quantities necessary to support forecasted levels of business
- Prepares coffee, iced/hot tea and other beverages as required
- Checks all plates prior to service for accuracy, completeness, appearance and presentation
- Serves beverages to guests following Star Service Standards, replenishes same as needed
- Serves food to guests following Star Service Standards
- Monitors guests, anticipates needs, responds to request, ensures satisfaction
- Monitors guests alcohol consumption to prevent over indulgence and ensure safety
- Clears tables and breaks down function rooms after completion of banquet food service activity
- Completes assigned end of shift duties
- Other duties as assigned
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of quality food service techniques and standards
- Certification of training in Responsible Vendor requirements or ability to obtain same
- Exceptional guest service skills
- Ability to lift and carry food service trays weighting 40+ pounds
- Ability to stand stoop and bend repetitively during entire shift up to eight hours
- Ability to speak, read and understand the English language
- Ability to work flexible schedule to include weekends and holidays
Loews Hotels is a vibrant collection of one-of-a-kind hotels with distinct personalities. Each hotel and resort offers high-quality accommodations, impressive surroundings, personalized service, and thoughtful amenities for a luxurious guest experience. As a company we care about our guests, our community and our team members.
Headquartered in New York City, Loews Hotels manages properties in most major markets in the U.S. and Canada. Each property goes beyond Four Diamond standards to provide guests with a supremely comfortable, uniquely local travel experience at a great value. Loews Hotels boast prime locations in the cities of New York, Washington DC, Denver, Los Angeles, Nashville, Philadelphia, Annapolis, Montreal, and Quebec City, as well as world-renowned vacation destinations such as Miami's South Beach, Universal Orlando, New Orleans, Tucson, St. Pete Beach, and California's Coronado Island. Loews has established some of the industry's most innovative and successful travel programs, including Loews Loves Kids for families and Loews Loves Pets for discerning animals on the road.
At Loews Hotels, our team members' commitment to our guests and dedication to our communities is cherished. We seek genuine individuals who are able to engage and delight our guests by providing Four Diamond AND MORE service. We invest in training and development opportunities for all team members, so they may grow and develop as individuals. We embrace diversity at our core and offer the opportunity for all team members to reach their potential as professionals. At Loews Hotels, we seek to create a dynamic culture that makes work interesting, challenging, fulfilling and fun.
As part of our commitment to our team members, Loews Hotels is proud to offer competitive compensation and benefit plans tailored to each marketplace. These include:
- Pay that meets or exceeds area standards
- Retirement (401-K) and incentive plans
- Medical and dental coverage
- Short and long-term disability
- Life insurance
- Holiday and vacation pay
- Team member assistance plans
- Career development programs
- Tuition reimbursement programs
Loews Hotels is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse work culture, M/F/D/V