Banquet Server (On Call)
Mansion on Forsyth Park
Location: US - GA - Savannah
Under direction of banquet captain provides service for banquet operations as assigned for the Hotel. With banquet captain, ensure all service SOPs are followed to provide highest levels of service for banquet attendees. Assist the captain in the care of banquet spaces and equipment.
Essential Duties / Tasks / Responsibilities:
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Serves banquet guests according to Kessler SOPs.
· Obtains linen, silver, glassware, and china to set tables.
· Arranges settings on tables.
· Serves courses from kitchen and service bars.
· Garnishes and decorates dishes preparatory to serving.
· Observes diners to respond to any additional requests and to determine when meal has been completed.
· Attend all company mandated training meetings as well as hold month meetings for Banquet Grand performers
· Assists in maintaining banquet spaces and equipment as directed by Banquet Captain
Experience / Education / Certifications:
· Minimum 1 year Banquet service experience in 4 diamond hotel or equivalent - required
· TIPS training and GFSF certification preferred or attained within 30 days - required
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities (KSA’s)
- Knowledge of Banquet service standards
- Able to lift and carry 40 lbs regularly
Work Environment / Physical Demands:
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an incumbent to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The majority of time will be spent standing walking and carrying up to 8 hours per shift
- While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to sit, stoop, bend, crouch, push, pull, and lift up to 40 lbs, reach with hands and arms, use fingers to handle or feel.
- Must be able to work safely in a kitchen environment with high temperatures and humidity
- Must be able to work outdoors in variable weather including heat and cold
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that a Grand Performer in this position may be asked to perform.