The Hotel GroupFounded in Edmonds, Washington in 1984 as a spirited venture in the hospitality industry, THG™ has grown into a leader in hotel ownership and management, operating more than 25 properties in 10 states. Our guiding principle of integrity leads us to respect client partners and encourage associates' growth. THG™ keeps potential in mind, judging prospective properties by what they can be, not what they are. Because of this drive, we have consistently made poorly performing hotels into market leaders and attracted the industry's finest people to our ranks along the way. As our legacy and success continue to grow we will maintain the core values of integrity, initiative, innovation, and inspiration that have brought THG™ thus far.
The Doubletree Arctic Club by Hilton is seeking an energetic & motivated Banquet Manager with excellent leadership, organization & communication skills.
LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY, PLEASE.
We offer competitive salary and excellent benefits including medical and dental, Premium PTO, and incentive programs!
We require a minimum of 2 years hotel food and beverage experience.
SUMMARY Manage/Supervises all banquet activities, including set up of banquet space and service of food and beverages, to ensure that groups using the hotel's banquet facilities are completely satisfied in accordance with the standards of The Hotel Group and the Hotel.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY 1) Supervises set up and service staff to ensure timely, accurate room set up of food and beverage service according to client specifications.
* Ensure appealing, creative, and consistent presentation of all food and beverage
* Greet guests upon arrival; retain a visible presence throughout the function; resolve guest complaints and answer questions to customer's satisfaction
2) Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws
* With assistance of Restaurant GM, hires banquet staff as needed to maintain adequate staffing levels for department; coaches and counsels employees regarding career and personal development; conducts performance evaluation and provides feedback to employees
* Assists in training banquet staff in proper set up, serving and clean up procedures
* Coach team to consistently meet or exceed the standards set by the hotel
* Enforce uniform standards
* Prepares schedules and assigns duties to banquet wait staff, and set up personnel
* Manager on Duty shifts required as needed. Schedule is flexible according to event schedule, weekends and Holidays are required
* Handles cash transactions and keeps a balanced bank
* Conducts effective employee meetings and counseling sessions
* Oversee the activities of the Banquet Staff to insure accurate and timely banquet service
Attends weekly banquet event order meetings
3) Maintains adequate inventory supply levels to meet projected needs
* Conducts monthly inventory of all Banquet supplies - linens, all beverages, glasses, china, flatware, serving utensils, candles, and decorations; requisitions additional supplies as needed
* Maintains strict control over all Audio Visual equipment, cleans and stores all equipment in a secure manner
4) Communicates with maintenance department regarding banquet equipment repair or safety issues.
* Responsible for all regular maintenance and cleaning of Banquet area
5) Keeps immediate supervisor promptly and fully informed of all problems or unusual matters of significance
6) Performs all duties and responsibilities in a timely and efficient manner in accordance with established company policies and procedures to achieve the overall objectives of this position
7) At all times projects a favorable image of The Hotel Group and the Hotel to the public