Location: US - CA - San Francisco
San Francisco, CA, US 94102
A global tribe of individuals, partners and progressives, devoted to creating extraordinary experiences for our community throughout our proprietary brands - we are sbe.
Visionaries at the forefront of hospitality, cuisine, design, residences and entertainment, our lifestyle moments are forged with highly-curated and passionate service.
We are committed to authenticity, sophistication, mastery and innovation. Our stage is the world. Our time is now.
With this in mind, we foster a family environment built on values that describe our lifestyle, experiences and how we see the world. When you have a tribe such as ours and place it in and around the collection of accommodations, restaurants, nightlife, retail and gaming, you create a force that cannot be replicated by anyone else. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Under the general guidance of the Director of Catering and Management, assist in ensuring the success of all banquet events, while maintaining a profitable operation and high quality products and service levels. Effectively monitor the daily operations of the Banquets Department, including providing support and guidance to fellow banquet personnel to ensure a successful and effective operation ending in a positive guest experience.
Duties & Functions:
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees enlivening MHG Core Values
- Comply at all times with Morgans Hotel Group standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations. Oversee all aspects of the daily operation of the hotel’s banquet operation
- Supervise all banquet personnel
- Maintain a strong client relationship and ensure that all convention specifications are communicated to and executed by all hotel operating departments making for a successful meeting experience for the planner and attendees
- Respond to guest complaints in a timely manner
- Work with other Food and Beverage managers and keep them informed of Food and Beverage issues as they arise
- Keep immediate supervisor fully informed of all problems or matters requiring his/her attention
- Coordinate and monitor all phases of Loss Prevention in the banquet operation
- Prepare and submit required reports in a timely manner
- Ensure preparation of required reports, including (but not limited to) Wage Progress, payroll, revenue, employee Schedules, quarterly actions plans
- Monitor quality of service in banquet operations
- Ensure compliance with all local liquor laws, and health and sanitation regulations
- Ensure compliance with SOP’s in all outlets
- Ensure compliance with requisition procedures
- Conduct staff performance reviews in accordance with MGH standards
- Understand and be able to prepare payroll and tip distribution
- Coordinate all banquet related Food and Beverage requirements with the appropriate departments
- Keep kitchen informed of accurate counts for plating
- Review menu/service with catering managers and banquet chef
- Maintain up to date details on banquet functions and communicate to supervisors
- Conduct ongoing training of captains/hourly employees to maintain standards of service
- Make personal contact with guests and assist them with any requests
- Supervise proper tabulation of all banquet checks and ensure that all checks are presented to guests for signature
- Requisite liquor, etc. for banquet bars
- Ensure safety, sanitation, and cleanliness of service areas
- Oversee banquet set-up assignments
- Ensure inspection of all banquet areas for cleanliness and maintenance on a regular basis
- Maintain sold and open communications with all hotel operating departments
Specific Job Knowledge & Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree required. High School Diploma or equivalent required
- One to two years of Food and Beverage service background and prior hospitality experience required
- Knowledge of Food and Beverage preparation techniques, health department rules and regulations, liquor laws and regulations.
- Ability to multitask, work in a fast paced environment and have a high level attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments
- Ability to work independently and to partner with others to promote an environment of teamwork
- Thorough knowledge of federal, state and local laws governing equal employment opportunity and civil rights, occupational safety and health, wage and hour issues, and labor relations, including, but not limited to the following statutes and their state and local analogues (where applicable): Title VII, ADEA, Equal Pay Act, Pregnancy Discrimination Act, FLSA, ADA, OSHA, FMLA, and NLRA
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 50 pounds without assistance
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift
- Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time. This job description reflects the job content at the time of writing and will be subject to periodic change in light of changing operational and environmental requirements. Such changes will be discussed with the job holder and the job description amended accordingly. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" employment relationship.
Due to the nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel which may include overtime, weekends and holidays. The employee will carry out any other duties as are within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job as requested by the line manager or Head of Department/Division.