Banquet Kitchen Supervisor
The Loews New Orleans Hotel is seeking a Banquet Cook II to join our team. The Loews New Orleans Hotel is a 4 Diamond, luxury 285 room hotel with over 17,000 square feet of meeting space located in the heart of the Central Business District. For more information about the Loews New Orleans Hotel, please visit www.LoewsHotels.com/NewOrleans.
Supervises/oversees the activities of all food production employees in the preparation of Banquet function menu items. Ensures that all food products are of the highest quality and are ready to serve at the appointed time. Responsible for all Banquet food ordering, production, holding and storage. Additional responsibilities include selection, training, scheduling of all Banquet Kitchen employees
Required Skills & Experience:
- Three to five years experience in Banquet food production, in an upscale hotel or freestanding restaurant
- One plus years Supervisory experience in Banquet food production, in an upscale hotel or freestanding restaurant
- Excellent culinary skills and knowledge of food productions techniques
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of kitchen equipment use and operation
- Ability to bend, stoop, stand, lift 50 pounds and push carts weighing up to 200 pounds
- Outstanding management, organizational, communication and leadership skills
- Ability to speak, read and write English
- Ability to work flexible schedule to include weekends and holidays
Loews New Orleans Hotel is Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse work culture. M/F/DV
Loews Hotels is a vibrant collection of one-of-a-kind hotels with distinct personalities. Each hotel and resort offers high-quality accommodations, impressive surroundings, personalized service, and thoughtful amenities for a luxurious guest experience. As a company we care about our guests, our community and our team members.
Headquartered in New York City, Loews Hotels manages properties in most major markets in the U.S. and Canada. Each property goes beyond Four Diamond standards to provide guests with a supremely comfortable, uniquely local travel experience at a great value. Loews Hotels boast prime locations in the cities of New York, Washington DC, Denver, Los Angeles, Nashville, Philadelphia, Annapolis, Montreal, and Quebec City, as well as world-renowned vacation destinations such as Miami's South Beach, Universal Orlando, New Orleans, Tucson, and California's Coronado Island. Loews has established some of the industry's most innovative and successful travel programs, including Loews Loves Kids for families and Loews Loves Pets for discerning animals on the road.
At Loews Hotels, our team members' commitment to our guests and dedication to our communities is cherished. We seek genuine individuals who are able to engage and delight our guests by providing Four Diamond AND MORE service. We invest in training and development opportunities for all team members, so they may grow and develop as individuals. We embrace diversity at our core and offer the opportunity for all team members to reach their potential as professionals. At Loews Hotels, we seek to create a dynamic culture that makes work interesting, challenging, fulfilling and fun.
As part of our commitment to our team members, Loews Hotels is proud to offer competitive compensation and benefit plans tailored to each marketplace. These include:
- Pay that meets or exceeds area standards
- Retirement (401-K) and incentive plans
- Medical and dental coverage
- Short and long-term disability
- Life insurance
- Holiday and vacation pay
- Team member assistance plans
- Career development programs
- Tuition reimbursement programs
Loews Hotels is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse work culture, M/F/D/V