Banquet Captain - DoubleTree by Hilton Chicago - North Shore Conference Center
DoubleTree by Hilton Chicago - North Shore Conference Center
Location: US - IL - Skokie
The Banquet Captain role is responsible for the service of food and beverage items to banquet guests as required by hotel and company standards. Supervise the banquet staff at all stages of a function from set-up to breakdown.
Essential Functions include (but are not limited to):
- Ensure the service of food and beverage items in a friendly enthusiastic, professional and timely manner to banquet guests.
- Check all room sets prior to each event.
- Meet with the Banquet Chef to confirm quantities of food items and timing of food leaving the kitchen.
- Check all china, glassware, silverware, and linen items needed for the event.
- Inform staff of specific needs for buffets and receptions.
- Check staffing needs for upcoming events.
- Check inventory needs for all upcoming events.
- Conduct pre-function meetings to ensure personal hygiene and appearance standards of staff are met.
- Allocate stations and partners for staff. Review banquet event orders.
- Communicate with the meeting planner handling the function to ensure all needs have been met and to check for any last minute instructions or changes.
- Be aware of all upcoming groups and major conventions over upcoming 90 days.
- Review assigned work functions for the entire day and the next week.
- Read all assigned banquet menus and ask if specific items are unclear.
- Complete all daily administrative tasks.
- Recommend proper maintenance and repair to banquet management and ensure the proper housekeeping of all function space (as applicable).
- Perform any other job duties as assigned.
- Superior Communication Skills
- Superior Customer Service Skills
- Basic Computer Skills Required
- Professional, Warm Demeanor
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, work quickly/efficiently and work well under pressure
- High School Diploma (or equivalent)
Must be minimum age to serve alcohol (as applicable) according to state regulations
- Minimum of 2 years of previous Banquet experience preferred
- Previous Supervisory experience highly desired
- Ability to stand for long periods of time - bend, kneel, lift and pull continuously throughout a shift, lift up to 50lbs.
Hospitality is a 24/7 industry therefore, candidates should be able to work weekends and holidays as needed.
EOE - M/F/D/V/SO