Recognized as one of America's "cultural resources worthy of preservation," The Carolina Inn is listed on the National Register of Historic Places, a AAA Four Diamond hotel and a Historic Hotels of America member. From the day it opened in 1924, the Inn has played an important role in the life of the University of North Carolina and the Chapel Hill community, and has long been one of the most popular sites in North Carolina for special events, weddings, business meetings, and academic conferences.
The Carolina Inn fosters a creative, entrepreneurial and energetic work environment where people come to work and have fun. We value passionate people who love to be challenged and desire the freedom to contribute to the overall success of the organization. Your role will be integral to the success of our hotel. We strive to create a workplace culture that values family, work-life-balance, community, and help develop our associates by providing support for them to grow their careers.
Our associates are proud to work here!
Job OverviewThis position is responsible for leading the Banquet team for all banquet functions, including set-up, service, and breakdown. The Captain ensures that all personnel follow service standards to ensure that each event exceeds the guest’s expectations.Essential Functions
- Assist Banquet Manager with selection, training, and scheduling of Banquet personnel as needed
- Oversee all aspects of assigned banquet function activities, ensuring that all areas are properly set and ready for execution at the appointed time
- Obtain and review Banquet Event Orders, and coordinate activities as needed to ensure timely performance of contracted setup, food preparation, and service
- Monitor banquet personnel in the performance of their duties
- Assist in conducting pre-shift and pre-function meetings
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Three or more years’ experience as Banquet Captain in a high volume, upscale hotel
- Exceptional knowledge and understanding of various banquet and food service techniques and standards
- “TIPS” or equivalent certification
- Effective leadership, management, and guest service skills