CLASS TITLE: Assistant Housekeeping Manager
This is an advanced professional and administrative position responsible for the successful operation of Housekeeping operation while maintaining quality standards, profitability and customer satisfaction.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/TYPICAL EXAMPLES OF WORK PERFORMED
1. Monitor and check the quality of customer service in the Housekeeping areas; resolve complaints and evaluate patterns or trends in customer complaints in order to plan corrective actions
2. Estimate staffing level requirements based on customer counts, business trends, special events, etc.; make up and/or check over weekly schedules and adjust staff size to maximize productivity without sacrificing customer service; re-assign and adjust staff accordingly.
3. Implement procedures to control food and labor costs; properly administer procedures related
to Internal Audit.
4. Maintain positive working relations with subordinates and managers; complete documentation for personnel actions such as performance evaluations, training, terminations, injury reports, disciplinary warnings etc; make hiring decisions; assess training needs and train all employees; observe and evaluate job performance of subordinates to provide feedback to lead to improvement.
5. Monitor or check on employees periodically during a shift to insure they are performing all assigned duties and adhering to all policies and procedures for proper dress and behavior; conduct meetings to keep employees informed of recurring events, special promotions, policy changes, etc.
6. Inspect facilities and equipment for clean, safe, and/or sanitary conditions; check behind
employees to insure sanitation and/or attractive conditions are maintained; clean spills or pick up trash; monitor/check storage and rotation of supplies
7. Administer all company policies and procedures; notify hotel management of problems
such as serious customer complaints, policy violations, safety concerns, cash shortages, etc.
8. Maintain professional appearance according to company standards and ensure that
appearance standards are maintained by all employees
9. Coordinate with all department heads to ensure efficiency and profitability of hotel
10. Perform all other duties as assigned.
1. Reports directly to the Director of Housekeeping.
2. Supervises the Housekeeping Supervisors, Attendants, and other Housekeeping and Laundry staff.
3. Must maintain good working relationship with other departments, employees, and guests.
4. Interfaces daily with the public.