Morgans HoteI Group is proud to be a perpetual pioneer in the hospitality industry. Founded in New York City in 1984, Morgans is recognized worldwide as the originator of the boutique hotel concept. By constantly refining basic ideas and always striving to reinvent the hotel experience, Morgans Hotel Group has created a number of breakthrough concepts that have revolutionized the industry. With twelve properties in its worldwide portfolio, Morgans is a market-leader that is poised for growth. Our design-driven approach to reinventing the traditional hotel space has made Morgans a sought after brand for guests and owners alike. Join our trend-setting team of top operators whose driving purpose is to create engaging and dynamic guest experiences for all who enter!
* Ensure appropriate and effective focus on business objectives on a day-to-day basis, while contributing to the strategic development and leadership of the hotel aligned with the General Manger’s vision and company goals.
* Be accountable for the people, product and profit within the hotel – excellence in guest experience, maximize profits through sales and yield and exploit opportunities for growth across the business.�
* Utilize innovation to achieve long and short term strategic objectives.
* Provide inspirational leadership by motivating and developing all employees to contribute towards the overall success of the business.
* Monitor and action all guest feedback /mystery guest programs (Sterling, InnsQore)
* Communicate regularly with the General Manager to influence the strategy for the hotel in the short and long term.
* Ensure that hotel reporting and control systems are adhered to.
* Maximize individual potential through a positive commitment to training and development and succession planning at all levels, in order to meet current and future hotel staffing demands as well as addressing business issues.
* Lead, develop, motivate and empower employees to deliver operational best practice, identifying opportunities and making recommendations for improving efficiency and quality of service and operating standards.
* Support ensuring hotel is fully staffed with skilled, motivated people who are able to meet the customer service expectations identified through the service strategy and quality commitments documents.
* Make certain that staff are trained to meet demands of existing jobs and developed to take advantage of promotion opportunities, which occur within the hotel/Company.
* Ensure all new employees – temporary, full time and casual employees - are introduced into the company through the on boarding process at the hotel.
* Be visible throughout the hotel on a daily basis, meeting with guests as necessary.
* Be a visible, active member of the community positioning the hotel as a positive contributor in the marketplace.
Specific Job Knowledge & Skills:
* High School Diploma or equivalent required
* College Degree in Business, Hospitality, or Related field preferred
* Two to five years in a public contact position, preferably in an upscale or lifestyle brand hotel
* For Union properties only: Must possess a minimum of three� (3)to five (5) years Hotel and/or Food and Beverage operational experience in a Union environment.� Must have strong and proven knowledge and practice of Hotel Collective Bargaining Agreements� (will be subject to a skill test during interview process)
* Enter and locate work related information using computers and/or point of sale systems
* Possess a gracious, friendly, and fun demeanor
* Ability to multitask, work in a fast paced environment and have a high level attention to detail
* Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
* Maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments
* Ability to work independently and to partner with others to promote an environment of teamwork
* Thorough knowledge of federal, state and local laws governing equal employment opportunity and civil rights, occupational safety and health, wage and hour issues, and labor relations.
* �Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 15 pounds without assistance
* Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity
* Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift
* Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.� This job description reflects the job content at the time of writing and will be subject to periodic change in light of changing operational and environmental requirements.� Such changes will be discussed with the job holder and the job description amended accordingly. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" employment relationship.
Due to the nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel which may include overtime, weekends and holidays.� The employee will carry out any other duties as are within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job as requested by the line manager or Head of Department/Division.�