Area Director of Marketing
Loews Hotels & Resorts seeks a senior, creative and strategic marketer to drive the integrated marketing strategies for a designated set of 3 branded hotels located Washington DC, Philadelphia and Annapolis, with a strong focus on demand generation, brand-accretive guest experiences and loyalty.
The Area Director of Marketing will oversee a small team of Social Media and PR associates. Experience in all aspects of the marketing mix is essential.
Within the confines of the hotels’ marketing budgets and business requirements, this position will be entirely responsible for driving innovative marketing strategies and distribution solutions, with a strong focus on demand generation, brand experience and loyalty initiatives which will improve key financial and customer metrics for the hotels and their venues.
- Fulfill a marketing leadership role within the hotels: Analyze their competitive strengths / USPs and develop hotel brand marketing positioning and communicate core consumer messaging that clearly differentiates the hotels from their competitors
- Lead the development and delivery of the annual Marketing plans and Marketing budgets in line with the hotel strategic priorities and revenue target by market segments.
- Develop content led communication plan and integrate across key internal / external channels to communicate hotel positioning and brand passions to target audience. This includes photography, video, copywriting and other forms of storytelling content, ensuring delivery in adherence with brand guidelines and hotel positioning.
- Work collaboratively with Sales and Revenue Management teams to create individual tactical & segmental marketing plan for each designated hotel focusing on demand generation and high impact activities with proven ROI across all key segments (meetings, leisure, Suites, restaurants,…).
- Liaise with the Digital Field Marketing Manager to ensure online platforms, digital campaigns, CRM and media are optimized to drive improved revenue and profitability to the hotels.
- Drive the positioning / activation of the restaurants & bars on the local market. Work with internal and external resources to define clear positioning for relevant outlets that resonates under the overall hotel positioning. Develop & implement local marketing activities aiming to engage with locals and increase capture ratio from in-house guests.
- Act as a Brand Champion with the hotel teams. Together with the General Manager and Property Brand Activation Teams, drive brand activation and ensure the brand experience comes alive through the hotels ‘messaging and guest experience.
- Pro-actively identify relevant marketing partners for the hotels and manage these relationships profitably to raise hotel awareness, drive demand, deepen loyalty and enrich brand experience.
- Drive loyalty marketing: Focus on increasing engagement with returning guests and YouFirst Members through the organization of events, and personalized guest experiences.
- Support sales team with the creation of marketing collateral and tactical promotions associated with the key market segments (E.g. Groups, Meetings, Suites…)
- Ensure full compliance with all Loews brand Marketing standards & programs.
- Champion and manage the Social Media strategy in line with the brand positioning and hotels’ stories. Specific focus on online reputation management and guest engagement.
- Work closely with the PR director to define unique stories that are news-worthy and brand accretive in order to amplify the positioning of Loews hotels and brands and increase awareness amongst key target audiences.
Loews Hotels is a vibrant collection of one-of-a-kind hotels with distinct personalities. Each hotel and resort offers high-quality accommodations, impressive surroundings, personalized service, and thoughtful amenities for a luxurious guest experience. As a company we care about our guests, our community and our team members.
Headquartered in New York City, Loews Hotels manages properties in most major markets in the U.S. and Canada. Each property goes beyond Four Diamond standards to provide guests with a supremely comfortable, uniquely local travel experience at a great value. Loews Hotels boast prime locations in the cities of New York, Washington DC, Denver, Los Angeles, Nashville, Philadelphia, Annapolis, Montreal, and Quebec City, as well as world-renowned vacation destinations such as Miami's South Beach, Universal Orlando, New Orleans, Tucson, St. Pete Beach, and California's Coronado Island. Loews has established some of the industry's most innovative and successful travel programs, including Loews Loves Kids for families and Loews Loves Pets for discerning animals on the road.
At Loews Hotels, our team members' commitment to our guests and dedication to our communities is cherished. We seek genuine individuals who are able to engage and delight our guests by providing Four Diamond AND MORE service. We invest in training and development opportunities for all team members, so they may grow and develop as individuals. We embrace diversity at our core and offer the opportunity for all team members to reach their potential as professionals. At Loews Hotels, we seek to create a dynamic culture that makes work interesting, challenging, fulfilling and fun.
As part of our commitment to our team members, Loews Hotels is proud to offer competitive compensation and benefit plans tailored to each marketplace. These include:
- Pay that meets or exceeds area standards
- Retirement (401-K) and incentive plans
- Medical and dental coverage
- Short and long-term disability
- Life insurance
- Holiday and vacation pay
- Team member assistance plans
- Career development programs
- Tuition reimbursement programs
Loews Hotels is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse work culture, M/F/D/V