Vail Resorts Inc. is the premier mountain resort company in the world and a leader in luxury, destination-based travel at iconic locations.
Vail Resorts owns or manages 13 hotels located at its five premier mountain resorts of Vail, Beaver Creek, Breckenridge, Keystone, and Heavenly, including RockResorts branded hotels and about 1,500 managed condominiums and townhomes. The Company also operates RockResorts in Santa Fe, Jackson Hole, Jamaica, the Dominican Republic and St. Lucia.
Our mission is simple. Experience of a lifetime.
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Works with department managers to track, organize, and process their business operations systematically to Vail Resort standards
- Facilitates new managers in learning daily operations systems, programs and documentation
- Assists all reporting departments with ordering operating supplies and tools
- Enters labor hours into Peoplesoft Time&Labor
- Responsible for tracking, editing and pricing better alternatives for operating expenses
- Assists the Director with projects that require a higher level of understanding of business performance and practices
- Assists the Director with accountability in all aspects of business performance
- Coaches, seeks counsel and advises management as needed regarding a variety of issues and problems or potential problems. Is responsible for keeping the department informed, in a timely manner, of all issues the Administrative Assistant becomes aware of affecting, or which may affect, employees, management or ownership
- Assist Director in building and monitoring department budgets
- Assists Department Managers with employee paperwork as needed
- Manages checkbooks for all departments and work with managers on monitoring budgets
- Assists operations where needed - cross trained and acting as a team leader in all departments.
- Performs routine office tasks which include, but are not limited to, record keeping, radio dispatching, updating policies and procedures, handling phones, mail, coordinating meetings, travel arrangements, establishment and maintenance of filing systems.
- Mountain money issuance
- Orders parts and materials for maintenance projects
- Works with outside contractors to schedule estimates and repairs
- Initiates BSA, CAF’s and other legal documents as required for outside contractors
- Works within Coupa to create and manage requisitions
- Responsible for auditing interal safety documentation and safety training tracking
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED);
- 2 years previous experience in a similar role; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to multi-task is a must
- Experience managing mulitple schedules
- Experience managing phone calls
- Previous Vail Resorts administration experience
- Knowledge of resort/local area
Kirkwood is for those that embrace the big mountain lifestyle and are as passionate about skiing and riding as they are about creating amazing experiences for our guests. Magical, raw, expansive and remote…Kirkwood is the stuff of legend. We’re famous for legendary snowfall, challenging inbounds terrain, backcountry guided tours and premier avalanche education programs. Those that come here come for an adventure unique to Kirkwood! Join our close-knit team working at one of the most stunning alpine resorts in the country. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 130265