A Premier Hotel Management & Investment Company with Strategic Vision and Strong Core Values
Since 1987, Pacific Hospitality Group has maintained a strategic vision and strong core values as guiding principles for business success. With luxury hotel properties from Napa Valley to Southern California, PHG's growing portfolio of hotel and resort investments reinforces the company's cohesive vision and ensuing success.
PHG manages, develops, finances, and owns hotels and resorts located in California, Hawaii, Arizona and Louisiana. We currently own and manage 11 hotels and resorts, representing over 2,676 rooms and 203,650 square feet of premier indoor meeting and event space.
Reg. Full Time Position
Position Summary: Assists Finance Management and will perform a variety of routine Accounts Payable, Income Audit, and General Ledger duties which include but are not limited to:
- Review invoices for proper approval, coding and input into the Accounts Payable system
- Ensure compliance with company purchasing policy and PO process
- Assist in the 1099 process throughout the year
- Daily review of all ledgers and cash transactions
- Review General Ledger detail to ensure proper coding of transactions
- Prepare reconciliations as assigned
- Be able to perform Accounts Payable, Income Audit and Cashier duties on a regular basis
- Communicate with department management regarding positing challenges
- Assist with Month-end activities, including booking journal entries, preparing reconciliations, and generating reports
- Assist with the preparation of Fixed Assets and reporting
- Associate degree in Accounting or Finance is helpful
- Proficient with Microsoft office Suite (Excel, Word and Outlook)
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and take ownership of work product
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience with Sun Systems, Opera, and IBS is a plus
Supportive Functions: In addition to performance of the essential function, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the manager based upon the requirements of the hotel. Additional duties as necessary and assigned.
Specific Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English.
- Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Knowledge of computer accounting programs, math skills as well as budgetary analysis capabilities required.
- Ability to prepare and analyze data, figures and transcriptions prepared on and generated by computer.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, percentage and volume.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited information exists.
- Most work tasks are performed indoors. Temperature is moderate and controlled by hotel environmental systems.
- Must be able to sit at a desk for up to 8 hours per day. Walking and standing are occasionally required. Length of time of these tasks may vary from day to day and task to task.
- Ability to work primarily with fingers to pick, pinch and type and carry out substantial movements (motions) of the wrist and hands as well.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 lbs occasionally.
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of the communicating with guests, supervisors, and subordinates.
- Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near vision and depth perception.
- Requires manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary equipment.
- Must have finger dexterity to be able to operate office equipment such as computers, printers, 10-key adding machine, electric typewriter, multi line touch tone phone, filing cabinets, FAX machines, photocopiers, dolly and other office equipment as needed.
- High school or equivalent education required. Bachelor's degree preferred.
- One to two years accounting experience.
- Shift times are subject to change at any time, based on Department's needs. Applicants must be able to provide flexible availability, and can be scheduled for various shift times as needed by the Department Manager.
The Balboa Bay Resort is an Equal Opportunity and E-Verify employer.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to race, sex, religion, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.