Accounts Payable/General Cashier - Accounting Clerk
What will I be doing?
An Accounting Clerk with DoubleTree by Hilton is responsible for paying all bills promptly and accurately after verifying that they have all the proper supporting documents. Ensure that the bills are accurate as to items, price, and extensions and also that they have been approved by the Department Head, Director of Finance and Management. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
* Provide research on special projects as well as preparing reports for various Department Heads, upon request.
* Prepare and complete all month end responsibilities as well as printing month end reports and setting up late bills.
* Coordinate receiving tickets, purchase orders and invoices for proper coding and approval signature.
* Verify that all tickets, purchase orders and invoices for proper coding and approval signature.
* Ensure that all accounts are current.
* Maintain record of payments and ensure vendors files are in proper order.
* Reconcile vendor statements./folios to guests (e-mail, facsimile, mail, etc.)
Hilton World Wide Inc. is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
High School graduate or equivalent required
Finance and Accounts Payable experience preferred. Some work experience in related field required. General Cashier experience preferred.
All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance. Specific uniform guidelines and/or required articles of clothing will be explained to you as a part of the orientation process.
No relocation benefits are available for this position
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Ability to effectively deal with guest and team member concerns in a friendly and positive manner and listening to the nature of the concern, demonstrating empathy with the customer and providing positive and proactive solutions.
- Office machines: Operate calculator/10-key by touch, copier, fax, telephone.
- Ability to access and accurately input information into a computer using various computer software programs (Excel and Word).
- Maintain an open line of communication between guests, team members and management.
- General knowledge of accounting operations, including accounts payable procedures
- Aptitude for figures.
- Office machines: operate calculator/10-key by touch, copier, fax, telephone.
- Ability to effectively deal with guest and team members concerns in a friendly and positive manner and listening to the nature of the concern, demonstrating empathy with the customer and providing positive and proactive solutions.
- Ability to listen effectively and to speak and write English clearly.
- Ability to learn and perform all essential job functions accurately and safely with minimal direct supervision, within initial training period after team member begins work
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!