HEI views our associates as our greatest resource, and we hire and develop the best. We have a culture of winning, we embrace change, thrive on challenge and always seek to surpass our personal bests. Defined by our unique business platform, our environment is fast-paced, expansive and ever-evolving, yet stable, consistent, enduring. It is a high-performance culture where innovation and entrepreneurial spirit are evident; initiative and results are rewarded.
Our people know they're in on the ground floor of a company with all the cornerstones of success in place: experienced leaders, steady investors, a strong track record and long - term career potential. And in turn, each of our associates thrive because HEI's distinctly advantaged infrastructure creates a supportive, educational culture as well as unlimited opportunities for personal and professional success on every level.
An engaging, high-energy environment, HEI presents a rare career opportunity: the chance to shape a powerful leader in the hospitality industry.
|Assist Director of Finance in directing the financial activities of the hotel, safeguarding the assets, and preparing all financial reports in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and HEI Hotels and Resorts Standards.
* Have knowledge of all job descriptions and SOP's relating to functions within department.
* Be able to perform all accounting functions in the event assistance is needed.
* May monitor scheduling of all accounting associates, including Night Audit.
* Ability to plan effectively in order to meet demands of both guests and staff.
* Set priorities regarding training needs within the department.
* Accurately assess staff members' training needs and locate sources to provide training needed.
* Train and develop staff members in multiple areas.
* Ability to speak and write effectively in English.
* Ability to express thoughts clearly and concisely.
* Listen and absorb information correctly.
* Communicate well at all levels within the organization.
* Manage associates and resources effectively.
* Effectively practice firm and fair associate treatment.
* Foster teamwork within the department.
* Identify and solve problems within existing time constraints.
Relationships with Other Departments
* Use effective communication skills in order to work with department to reach common goal.
* Assist in building strong relationships with other departments throughout property through effective demonstration of communication, training, and listening skills.
Coaching and Counseling
* Interview, hire, train, recommend performance evaluations, resolve problems, provide open communication and recommend discipline and/or termination when appropriate.
* Use sound judgment in making decisions.
* Determine proper atmosphere for coaching and counseling.
* Objectively analyze associate performance and determine strengths and weaknesses.
* Handle all disciplinary matters in accordance with policy and consistently with all associates.
Accounting Practices, Procedures, and Policies
* Assist in Producing Financial Statements within designated time frame for preliminary distribution to hotel management and to meet HEI Corporate requirements.
* Verify compliance with Finance SOP manual.
* Participate in asset inventories.
* Maintain records storage area in compliance with record retention requirements of relevant government agencies.
* Preparation and knowledge of sales tax returns, as well as any other applicable tax liabilities.
Accounts Receivable and Cash Flow
* Manage and oversee all Accounts Receivable functions, including collection calls as needed.
* Verify credit cards are processed every night by night audit as needed.
* Verify cash deposits are made timely as needed.
Balance Sheet Reconciliation
* Assist Controller with the Reconciliation of balance sheet accounts each period.
* Review any problem accounts with Controller and adjust entries to the general ledger.
Assist Controller as Needed
* Help with any projects that may be requested.
* Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
* Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
Experience, Skills, Knowledge
* One year experience in Hotel or Hospitality related Finance and Accounting.
* B.S. in Accounting or Hotel Management.
* Analytical approach to problems with regard for detail and accuracy.
* Assertive personality.
* Sound administrative and managerial skills.
* Ability to function under pressure.
* Have proficient training, coaching and counseling abilities.
* Knowledge of hotel operations, including marketing plans, security and safety programs, personnel and labor relations, preparation of business plans, repairs, maintenance, budget forecasting, quality assurance programs, hospitality law, and long-range planning.
* Command of the English language both written and verbal.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is committed to providing a comprehensive benefits plan that offers you choices for your physical, mental and financial wellness, creating value in your most important investment - you!
For your physical and mental wellness we offer competitive Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance programs geared to you and your family's needs as well as Vacation/Sick/Holiday benefits. For your financial wellness HEI provides a wide array of coverage, including Supplemental, Spousal and Child Life Insurance and Short and Long-Term Disability. In addition, our 401(k) Savings Plan with matching funds, and discounts through our 'YouDecide' and Hotel Room Discount programs provide additional incentives for choosing HEI as the employer of your future.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled