The Passion of our Employees
is our Strength
Booking.com believes that the passion of our employees is our strength, and this is what drives us towards an outstanding performance. We offer an international and dynamic working environment, exciting rewards and a culture that is open and innovative.
Here at Booking.com, our focus is on development: of ideas, of our company and of our people. We work together to provide the worldï¿½s #1 online hotel reservation service for our users and we think you should consider bringing your skills to our team.
If you would like to be part of our team and wish to make a difference to our rapidly expanding business, have a look at our job opportunities today.
Account Manager - Bellevue
Booking.com BV (the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online hotel reservation service in the world) and/or its various support companies throughout the world are looking for people to support the business in the fast-growing hotel markets.
Booking.com (USA) Inc., one of the support companies in the United States, is seeking an Account Manager-Hotels for our Bellevue office.
As an Account Manager you are responsible for hotel account management initially. You support Booking.com BV’s acquisition of new hotels in a specific area in the United States. You create quantity and quality reports on results and performance for information support to Booking.com. You inform hotels about Booking.com. You provide hotels the (initial) training on how to use Booking.com’s system. You will work the Hotel Revenue Manager on the improvement of hotel availability and supply in order to support Booking.com in meeting the demands of the visitors on the Booking.com website.
Main responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Visit the important hotels area;
- Support Booking.com BV’s-strategy for hotel availability and supply within the US;
- Promote the Booking.com BV brand name and its online reservation services to hotels;
- Responsible for area coverage;
- Liaise with hotels and advise on allotment, availability and supply;
- Rate checks and competitor checks;
- Liaison person for hotels to contact when they have questions;
- Providing hotels with information and advice by mail and email, including follow-ups;
- Follow up on cancellations and evaluations;
- Accompany and train hotels on how to use Booking.com BV’s extranet and rates & availability system;
- Support hotels with regards to Booking.com’s system;
- Organize and coordinate Tourist Trade Fair visits to liaise with hotels;
- Check statistics in the control room and follow up.
Required Skills and Experience:
- 2 years of experience in a relevant account management function;
- Affinity/experience within e-travel and/or hotel/travel industry;
- Pro-active, sense of responsibility, friendly and can work independently;
- Quick and resourceful, flexible, accurate, strong analytical skills and an eye for detail;
- Great face-to-face and telephone communication skills;
- Team player, motivated and enjoys to work in e-travel and hospitality;
- Business focused;
- Positive attitude;
- Hotel School or University background preferred;
- Driver’s license;
- Availability to travel 50% of the time;
- You are currently authorized to work in the United States.