Sodexois seeking aPatient Services Manager 1forWestchester Medical Centerin Valhalla New York.
Westchester Medical Centeris a 450 bed acute care, 100 bed Children’s and 100 bed Psychiatric Hospital.
The Patient Services Manager will have daily responsibilities of nursing and kitchen activities included but no limited to, Patient food program Expressly to You service model and standards, sanitation, food quality & safety.
The ideal candidate will be well organized, able to delegate tasks and follow up with assignments to the staff.
Responsibilities will include
- Oversight of the Patient Services area, patient food service production, and diet office
- Ensuring excellence in service quality and delivery schedules
- Acting as the liaison between the dietitians, nursing managers and the units. This role will participate in patient safety, patient experience initiatives.
- Working with the diet office to review and address any patient menu/meal concern. Daily patient meal rounding
- Identifying process improvement initiatives and overseeing the implementation.
- Employee training for compliance, safety, sanitation, customer service and more.
- Regularly analyzing patient satisfaction data and implementing additional measurements and action plans in these areas to achieve optimal unit performance.
- Ensuring and driving efforts for Gold Check Standards
- Creating a positive environment and successfully motivating and managing a team of 60 union hourly associates.
Knowledgeable of diet variations and computer skills a plus.
Hands-on operations experience as an opening and or closing supervisor
Experience supervising in a union environment.
Trainer / Mentor to service staff and Patient Service Managers in kitchen.
Hours are either 9-5, 11-8 and some weekends and holidays.
Provides direction, guidance, and supervision/direction of patient hospitality employees at patient care units. Manages initiatives for job redesign and process improvement, including interdepartmental improvements with nursing staff.