Join Our Ambassadors of FreshDynamic, friendly people? Check! Team-oriented environment? Check! Opportunities for advancement? Double check!! Start a fresh new career with Spectra Food Service & Hospitality and the sky's the limit! We'll provide excellent training to help you learn new skills and the finer points of food service as you become a hospitality professional.
- Convention Centers
- Major and Minor League Sports Venues
- Race Tracks
- Exposition Centers
Here is the recipe for a stimulating and exciting opportunity! We are Spectra by Comcast Spectacor, a nationally ranked food service company servicing entertainment facilities in the United States and Canada. We are seeking an experienced Executive Chef at Casper Events Center in Casper, WY. Your primary duty will be managing the culinary team and all aspects of the kitchen’s daily activities to ensure guest satisfaction, profitability and a positive, productive and compliant work environment. This is a crucial position for the success and profitable operation of the business! The Executive Chef must maintain excellent attendance and be available to work a variable event-driven schedule which includes evenings and weekends. Your professional presentation, outstanding interpersonal skills and self-direction; as well as your detail orientation, ability to multi-task, and prioritize in a continuously changing environment is required. If you have the qualifications, then we want to speak to you. Apply today.
As our Executive Chef, you will be responsible for overseeing the direction of the kitchen’s daily activities of the culinary team including event planning support, scheduling, food service preparation, and production. In addition, you will be responsible for cost control, compliance with food safety and sanitation policies, cleaning, kitchen safety, employee training and supervision, and any other tasks assigned by the General Manager.
Additional responsibilities include:
Managing, developing and mentoring staff of full-time, and part-time culinary employees, including initiating employment actions such as hiring, firing, and disciplining
Ensuring event staff is aware of workplace expectations; providing on-going assistance, training, and mentoring to event staff; promoting a positive, enthusiastic, and cooperative workplace environment
Ensuring that budgeted food percentages are achieved through effective control measures including portion controls, kitchen timings, inventory rotation measures, receiving and storage procedures, and waste control
Controlling labor costs through effective scheduling of kitchen staff, cross-training and development of employees; responsible for monitoring breaks, and break documentation for kitchen staff
Developing menus, ensuring quality, consistency, and style of concept are maintained
Monitoring production of culinary preparation, recipe specifications, and dishes served relative to appearance, temperature, sanitary, and quality standards are met
Other duties as required
Nonessential Job Functions:
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
s our Executive Chef, you must have the skills and experience necessary for this position.
Additional requirements include:
Technical proficiency and experience and demonstrating verifiable knowledge of food preparation methods
Ability to develop results-oriented staff through effective training, evaluation, motivation, coaching and counseling; ability to assist others in developing needed skills for effective job performance
Ability to positively distribute responsibility to others to meet objectives and achieve desired results
Ability to use initiative, recognize problems and to creatively and expeditiously find solutions; solid decision-maker
Education and Experience
Minimum of 2-3 years kitchen Food Service experience in a full service restaurant or events venue
Demonstrated and verifiable track record of meeting projected costs
Professional appearance and presentation required
Knowledge of and skill in using computer software, including MS Word/Excel/Outlook
Maintains a current Food Handler’s card and alcohol service permit if required by state or local government
Working knowledge of employee scheduling in a hospitality environment
Ability to obtain and maintain certification in a nationally recognized sanitation program
Intellectual/Social, Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The intellectual/social, physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee is continuously asked to multi-task under time limits. Position requires constant attention to precise details and accuracy of specified standards including: following simple to complex (more than 3 steps) instructions, and concentration which frequently extends beyond 30 minutes at a time. Employees in this role will constantly be in leadership role; this requires directing others either verbally or in writing to complete tasks in prescribed time frame. This position also requires constant use of interpersonal skills including: ability to direct/motivate/inform staff and foster collaboration, being able to recognize and resolve conflicts, being able to openly communicate in writing and verbally with clients.
- Constant standing for extended periods of time.
- Constant fast, simple, repeated movements of fingers, hands and wrists.
- Constant bending, stretching, twisting or reaching out with the body, arms and/or legs.
- Constant lifting, pushing, pulling or carrying heavy objects of at least 50 lbs.
- Constant verbal, written and electronic communication with staff and clients.
- Constant exposure to/handling of varying temperatures associated with a kitchen environment, including but not limited to freezing (freezers, frozen food items, etc.) and very hot (heated cookware, entrees, temperature of kitchen).
- Noise level in the work environment can range from minimal to loud depending on the time of day and function being performed.
- The duties of this position are performed indoors and occasionally outdoors in the weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environments is usually moderate to loud during events and minimal during non-even times.