CATERING MANAGER- CORPORATE ACCOUNT
Location: US - IL - Chicago
Nov 23, 2016
Become part of Restaurant Associates, a name that has been synonymous with exciting restaurant concepts and high quality foodservice for over half a century. RA is a leader in the foodservice industry for some of the nation's premier museums, performing arts centers and corporate accounts. Restaurant Associates’ commitment to upscale dining has led the way to develop successful culinary programs. If you share our belief in the value of delivering Superior Quality Food and Delivery Hospitality Excellence, we invite you to learn more about Restaurant Associates’ dynamic select team of professionals. Come share your talents with one of the nations’ fastest-growing, multi-million dollar organizations.
Location: Downtown Chicago
*Monday- Friday work schedule, NO weekends!
* Work directly with the Food Service Director or Catering Director to ensure all catering menu proposals are presented to the client accurately & effectively
* Work with the service staff to see that message handling with administrative support is efficiently handled and placed in the computer based system immediately
* Work closely with the Audio Visual to ensure room set-ups, audio/visual needs and special requests
* Ensure that all appropriate communication for upcoming business is complete and distributed in a timely manner to the management team
* Hires, trains and schedules catering associates and is actively involved in the development of existing associates in service techniques, menu presentation, policies, and procedures
* Menu development and marketing functions as they relate to the catering department
* Performs related duties and special projects as assigned
* Bachelors degree is preferred or equivalent professional experience
* Strong knowledge of current food, industry trends and fine dining points of service
* A minimum of 2 -4 years of experience in hospitality industry including 1 year of supervisory experience
* Supervisory, scheduling, training and coaching skills
* Ability to assess client requirements and deliver ensuring client satisfaction
* Must be able to write menu proposals in consultation with chefs
* Prepare and monitor budgets; financial targets and forecasts
* The ability to supervise food preparation, service and clean up is also essential
* Maintain local clients database and build and maintain relationship with vendors
* Knowledge of A/V equipment with the ability to set up and break down for events.
* Superior quantitative, oral and written communications and problem-solving/strategizing skills
* Excellent leadership and organizational skills, flexible and adaptable to constant changes and must possess attention to detail
* Excellent overall computer skills with advanced knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint
* Proactive mindset and able to remain calm under pressure to anticipate and support changes in our business.
* Conformity to the highest standards of personal integrity and ethical behavior
* Exceptional client relations and customer service abilities
* Ensure all safety and sanitation procedures are followed in compliance with HACCP
Apply to Restaurant Associates today!
Restaurant Associates is a member of Compass Group USA
Click here to Learn More about the Compass Story
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in the United States will not be considered.
F&B - Food & Beverage