Are you an experienced Catering Manager that has a passion for high end catering and is looking for an exciting and challenging new position?
SodexoUniversities is seeking an exceptionalCatering Manager 3 atUniversity of Southern Maine.This is a Mid Size Public University spread overthree campuses Gorham, Portland, and Lewiston / Auburn; Oversight of Augusta campus as well;Busy Conference Center with high catering level expectations; Client is looking to push the boundaries and lead the area in catering.
This catering manager would be responsible for all catered events - meet with clients, develop menus, work with the culinary team and hire & train wait staff. The ideal candidate will be responsible for the organization and execution ofall catering eventsand have demonstrated knowledge in the details associated with casual and fine dining, and banquet management. Experience directing catering operations, implementing new offerings, and event sales are a plus! Additional skills include experience in high volume activity, employee/staff training, labor management and control systems.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Strong catering experience including solid financial acumen and deep understanding of the technical delivery aspect of catering - as well as event management and sales.
- High volume catering / banquet experience from hotel or banquet/conference center background.
- High profile and high end catering – attention to detail and providing exceptional catering service - developing creative options to fit our client's needs.
- Ability to build and mentor a solid catering team who share same level commitment and passion to catering: quality presentation, customer service, professionalism.
- Ability to multi-task and delegate to coordinate multiple events at a time and utilize a systems-based approach to meet each event’s time-lines/specifications and quality of product.
- A demonstrated knowledge in casual and fine dining, and banquet management.
Manages all catered events. Hires, schedules, and trains catering staff. Works with clients/customers to arrange and follow through on all catering details and to ensure all special requests are met. Directs setup for events. Responsible for pricing, billing and resolving customer complaints. Develops menu/costing.