Banquet Houseperson - Part-Time
A Banquet Houseperson with DoubleTree by Hilton is responsible for setting and cleaning banquet facilities for functions. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
Set tables and chairs to meet function specifications.
Clean meeting space including, but not limited to, vacuuming, sweeping, mopping, polishing, wiping areas and washing walls before and after events
Hilton World Wide Inc. is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
What are we looking for?
- Prior Banquet and/or setup experience preferred
- Availability to work AM shifts Monday-Friday, and PM shifts Saturday and Sunday, with these shifts subject to change
- Ability to bend, stoop, walk, and lift/push/pull up to 50 lbs with or without reasonable accommodation
- Bilingual language ability preferred
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
- Ability to obtain any required government licenses or certificates
- Willingness to maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance in accordance with DoubleTree Alana Waikiki's grooming standards. Specific uniform guidelines and/or required articles of clothing will be explained to you as part of the orientation process.
- Due to the immediate nature of this opening, only applicants currently residing in the state of Hawaii will be considered; no relocation assistance or visa sponsorship available
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- Basic knowledge of Meeting Room Set up, service standards, guest relations and etiquette.
- Knowledge of appropriate table settings and service ware.
- Must possess strong organizational skills.
- Ability to perform under pressure effectively for extensive periods of time while maintaining professionalism
- Sponsorship and relocation assistance are not available for this position. Only local candidates will be considered.
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!