Security Officer Jobs in San Francisco
San Francisco is known for its street fairs, sporting events, nightlife and hosting visitors from all over the world. Hotels and resorts need to provide security for those staying with them to ensure their safety. Security Officers are a vital part of the hotel staff and Hcareers has a full listing of safety and security guard jobs in the Bay Area.
Security agents in the San Francisco area are currently making $15.15/hour according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. California leads the nation in the employment of security personnel, with overnight shifts paying slightly higher wages.
Employers include nearly every hotel property, from large chains to boutique inns, amusement parks, resorts, sports venues, private clubs, concert halls, convention centers, large public events and more. There are plenty of food and ethnic festivals throughout the year, community events and civic celebrations that all require a security force.
Recruiters are looking for security officers with the following skills and experience:
- Comfortable being assigned to a stationary or mobile patrol
- Closely monitor the property and people at your specific location
- Monitor security cameras and complete paperwork
- Escort people into or out of the hotel for safety at night
- Maintain order among different groups of guests
- Report all suspicious activity to supervisors
- Be available on call to investigate disturbances reported by guests and staff
Your career as a Security Officer can lead to some interesting opportunities, such as: gaming surveillance officers, bodyguards, bouncers, casino investigators, flight security specialist and private watchmen. Most employers will provide some training in emergency procedures, detention of suspects and proper reporting/communication. You will likely need a High School Diploma and some video surveillance technology training to get started.
Hcareers has plenty of Security Officer jobs in San Francisco listed on their website for you to review. Start your search today.