Sales Manager Jobs in Los Angeles
Los Angeles is a dream location for hotel Sales Managers. There’s so much to offer groups, conventions, and families in packages that offer exciting venues, fun in the sun and cultural immersion. Hcareers has listings for all types of sales manager jobs in Los Angeles to build their customer base.
Hotel sales managers can expect to make about $24/hour up to $38/hour for senior sales directors at high-end properties according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. Sales managers can add to their base income with bonus and profit sharing as well as commissions.
Employers run the gamut from the high-end 5-star resorts to more economic options that provide the basics for budget travelers. Convention centers do business with large companies for annual meetings, award travel for star salespeople, new product announcements and much more. These sale managers must stay informed about current market trends and ensure hotel services meet customer needs.
Sales managers are responsible for building the hotel’s client base and increasing profitability by:
- Implementing effective sales strategies
- Determining inventory requirements and levels
- Establishing and adjusting sales prices according to demand and competition
- Identifying current and future customer service needs
- Assisting with operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees
- Maintaining sales volume and growing the client base
- Working with senior sales managers to plan promotions, set goals and train staff
- Selling hotel services such as dining, amenities and local community events
- Being flexible to work holidays and weekends
Many hotel sales managers have the option of pursuing public relations jobs in L.A., marketing jobs or convention sales within the hotel industry. Luxury properties typically require a college degree in hospitality management, business or a related field… or extensive experience in the hospitality industry. Key skills that employers look for are leadership, sales and presentation skills, decisiveness, reliability and creativity and the ability to work under pressure.
Search the Hcareers site for a listing of sales manager positions in the Los Angeles area and get started finding your next job today.